Little Dragon Tears

"This is blowing my mind" Robert said rubbing at his temples, putting down the fire extinguisher. "did my son and..." he searched for an appropriate title for these two young ladies from another earth "...daughter Just teleport?"

Hannah let out a smile. "Thank you, dad, I know it can be hard to understand but I've loved you my whole life. You act and feel exactly like the man we grew up with." Hannah met him for a great big hug.

Otto on the other hand decided at this moment to look through the black rings where he saw the most terrifying thing. this really lent to the power of the black rings.

He watched as the man he knew to be Hannah and Izzi's father was repeatedly stabbed by the woman he thought to be his wife. Otto let out a scream and closed the periscope. He had collapsed to the ground in waves of grief. He just said it quickly "mom killed dad!" the next moment his father was kneeling next to him "look at me I'm fine" Otto looked up to see his father's eyes. Robert wasn't fine though he fell back legs giving out beneath him.

Otto was on his feet, now, worried that he had actually seen his father die. Weeping atop his father Otto had lost himself in grief. The pain became overwhelming Hannah walked over to them and placed her hands around Otto easing his pain with feelings of contentment. It was working until Renner and Izzi appeared back on the lawn with Katy in tow.

Renner ran over to Otto and held him. "What happened?" He searched the others for answers.

"He was looking through his black rings." Hannah started "then all of a sudden, he was screaming, something about Mom killing Dad then he collapsed.

Izzi was standing over them when her father came to. "Little dragon?" he said as if he knew her by that name "why are you crying?"

Otto was finally ahold of himself when his father held him close and explained "I am alive Otto I am the one you saw it happen to. I just don't know how but when he died it's like... I am him now. He and I are safe in here what you saw happened but I am safe. Robert stood up. "I remember our camping trips in the summer to the lake, my little mermaids loved those trips." he said to Hannah. The memories welling up in her eyes

"And Otto, Renner, I won't ever forget our trip to Paris. I remember you loudly shouted at that mime 'why won't you talk to me.' after he didn't say Hello back." they were laughing now, a strange sense of relief mixed with the confusion.

He was looking for an answer. But everyone was agape. Hannah felt him. She felt her father. He looked into Hannah's eyes "I'm so sorry I didn't listen, angel I'm just so sorry."

His eyes then locked into Izzi's eyes. Izzi wasn't just crying. Izzi was angry. "You just couldn't trust me could you." Izzi spat "instead I had to trust an alien box I got in a dream." Izzi turned around saying "At least it came through for me." Izzi felt Hannah's nagging in the form of love for her father. So, she left in a huff.

"Everything is going to be okay" Hannah insisted.

"I'm not so sure, the dragon usually stays around after it spits fire, I really think she might be hurting." Robert Reasoned

"You know how Renner has his bladder and Otto his periscope. Well, we have abilities also. Izzi is the winch and I'm the anchor. I'm the anchor which means that the emotions that I feel are shared with everyone." Izzi could never hate you because I could never hate you.

Leslie laughed loudly "that explains why it seemed so much like you boys began your period. How old were you 11. You two would have some of the wildest emotions, for no reason." She finished laughing.

Renner and Otto looked at Hannah who nodded sheepishly. Then they all had a good laugh. "I'm gonna go check on Izzi" Hannah said getting up then walked into the house.

Renner looked back and saw Katy standing in the same place, visibly shook. Her bright red lips quivering and knees shaking beneath a simple blue dress. Bunkr was licking her hand.

Renner walked over to her "is everything okay?" he asked her looking into her eyes.

"We teleported here!" She said astonished.

***

Hannah was busy inside the sitting room with Izzi "Do you think he's dead for good?" izzi asked.

"How could he be if we are talking to him now. If he was not he wouldn't know you as little dragon." Hannah argued .

"I wanted to save him I wanted him to hear me. I wanted him to understand and trust me." Her head was in her palms.

"he's out there right now. You should tell him." Hannah encouraged putting her arm around her sister. Feeling of love doused the anger that burned inside Izzi.

"Your right Hannah I love him and I should spend the time I have with him telling him how I feel." Izzi agreed

"Words really are the true magic." Robert said stepping into the sitting room. "If there's one thing that I believe, It's that you four understand that. The relief from the words passing by your lips changes me, thank you Izzi."

Izzi ran over to her father gave him a hug "I'm sorry daddy." She said before shoving her face in his chest and sobbing.

"I'm Sorry too, Little dragon. I'm so sorry." Robert leaned into the embrace, gently crying at the relief. They walked outside to another emotional bomb.

Renner's hands were shaking as he pulled a worn-out old piece of paper out of his pocket. Renner was smiling at katy, who was shaking also but that's because she had just teleported. "did I j... just teleport?" she repeated reverently.

"Yes, Katy, we did and we are going to do so much more." he reached into his back pocket and produced a ring made entirely of diamond. Then he got on one knee, he was looking at the paper "I wrote down some words..." he fumbled to unfold the paper "I wrote them before my life got so precarious... but if my life and the lives of those close to me fell into danger," He looked into katy's eager eyes "I need you." He tossed the paper to the ground. "If you'll have me, I'd like you to join us on this journey. The past present and future are so full of risk. I know that, that risk, is going to be easier with you. Will you marry me?" He felt a little shame for not discussing this with his family but that was quickly pushed aside by the excitement all around them when she hoisted him to his feet and put the ring on her left ring finger. And simply said "yes" then gave him a passionate kiss. The whole family congratulated them.

"Renner's getting married!" Otto blurted out. The excitement really exploded as Hannah became encouraged by the good news.

"I have some champagne let's celebrate." Robert said as he walked into the house. Everyone was excited and chatty. Robert came back out holding a bottle and several champagne flutes. They celebrated gleefully.

"Why don't we just go to Vegas and get married?" Katy asked then looked at Renner "that's a long drive are we up for it?" he laughed. Katy pulled out her cellphone and texted her mother as Izzi squeezed the zygbot into existence.

"Where do you wanna go Izzi?" he asked gratefully.

"Do you know where Las Vegas is?" Izzi asked back

"Sure do!" it responded pleasantly.

"Let's all go!" Izzi said. The family gathered closer together.

They began celebrating by going to a fancy restaurant, for a meal. Renner pulled a one hundred dollar bill out of his empty wallet and handed it to the host. They brought them to a table where they ate like kings and giving generously to their patrons. They wanted to show Katy what she had always wanted to see. They spent a week exploring and spending wildly. They made it to the chapel where Renner and Katy got married. Poor Katy had no clue what she was getting herself into. But she was ready for whatever came her way, whatever she could do to help the love of her life.

A few days later and one luxurious, if brief, honeymoon later they were all back at home when they all got together, including Robert, Leslie, and Katy in the back yard.

Izzi pulled out her box "This is how we contact him but it's also how we get up to him."

"A Nobel prize worth of study and my kids get to do it first, and all it took was a box with a button." Leslie said excited to talk to the one who did the thing she had been trying to do her whole academic career.

"Everyone holds hands." she instructed then when they all were holding hands Izzi pressed the button.