A Plan Set into Motion

Otto put food and drinks in the black backpack that was holding the assault rifle. Renner and Katy grabbed a drink. Hannah and Izzi wanted to clean up and change. Leslie and Robert waited patiently, while chatting about the day's events. At the top of the mountain, Passing through the geode, the group came upon a doorway. A hole in the back of the geode leading deeper into the top of the mountain. In room beyond the doorway, there was a large screen that wrapped itself around half of the room. ZYG appeared on the other side, his ZYGmyst pouring out of the wall.

"I made this room in order for you to be able look anywhere on earth. And when the crystal is finished forming communication can happen between this room and anywhere." he explained

They were in awe at the sheer size of the screen. ZYG spoke aloud. "1167 Gary Avenue. McLean, Virginia" A top-down perspective of their home came into view. It was quiet and peaceful.

Leslie spoke next "12376 Invention Place McLean, Virginia." This was her place of work. Like a hive or anthill there was a swarm of people going in and out of it.

ZYG showed them something helpful by saying. "Switch to Infra-Earth." The picture changed but the only difference is the location of the tiny humans going in and out of the building. ZYG changed the picture by saying "Switch to x-ray." The picture switched showing the humans running around inside. "The idea is for some of you to be able to guide the others on the ground." A table slid out of the wall, on top appeared a small bowl with little green and black capsules. "For those of you on the ground we have these, Take one and you will be better distinguished buy the sensors."

"What's the plan then?" Renner asked

"There are differences between the worlds we need to rectify. A preliminary scan shows a ZYG Tree somewhere on the eastern side of New York. We must plant one on our side.

The Scan will give us a more detailed report after the it is finished. Get used to this room, It's going to be a place to work, should you need anything just ask." ZYG Finished and stood there waiting to help any who need it.

After a few hours of playing with the screen and looking at various places they were interested in, one by one they went back to the table of bounty, to eat and get ready for bed. Until it was just Robert and ZYG.

"This is my penance isn't it." Robert said rubbing his eyes, as he had been staring at the screen looking for that zygtree for the past couple hours.

"That's a rather strange question. I'm not sure what you're asking."

"When Leslie killed me, she... I'm not going to make it out of this... 'event', am I?"

ZYG lowered his face "I was hoping you didn't know but yes if one of you dies, you have to die. If not from the diffusion of consciousness, upon final individuation, then from the divided forces colliding upon successful recombination" ZYG let out a long sigh "I'm sorry my friend I would have hoped for better circumstances."

"I understand, you're not to blame, I'm happy I will be able to say good bye to my family before it happens." He gave a pathetic smile then said "I better go to sleep we got a big day tomorrow." He went and laid next to Leslie. She shuffled awake as he laid down

"Did you find the tree?" Leslie asked

" 'fraid not" he said. They rested under the trees peacefully. No nightmares, they all slept well knowing there was something important they needed to attend tomorrow. Either that or ZYG helped them sleep with his gentile natural magic.

*****

They all awoke around the same time. ZYG was leaning against the wall as they made their way to the room they affectionately called "HQ".