Author's Note (2024)

To new and old readers alike, this is me saying hello nearly EIGHT years later after first starting this story. 

I wanted to let everyone know who is starting this book for the first time that I was 13 when I wrote this, please keep that in mind while reading this novel (really it was my shoddy attempt at writing when I was a depressed teen). I am now a college graduate if that tells y'all anything about me now. Some people love Unchained, some people hate it. I am here saying this because I want you to be conscious that the spelling isn't perfect, the storyline isn't the most cohesive, and the characters make questionable decisions LOL. 

The only reason I haven't unpublished this is because I do notice there are some of y'all that reread Unchained. I, as an avid reader myself, have a slight conniption when a story or fic is unpublished so I would never do that to y'all. If I had the time and the motivation I would rewrite this story, but I am not in the same headspace and am in a different point in my life so I doubt could keep the story as close to the original as possible. It would be drastically different and would take 2+ years to complete...which is annoyingly inconvenient, so I will not be doing that. 

If you are still wanting to read Unchained, hats off to you. I commend you for your bravery (I joke, I don't think it's a nightmare to read but it's not my taste any longer). Please don't leave comments in hopes that it will effect me as a writer because I'm simply not one and I can't find it in me to care very much. That being said, it is entertaining at times when I have my biannual check-in to Wattpad and see some of y'all lose y'all's minds over this story. The smart-ass comments are fucking hilarious. Keep 'em coming! 

Happy reading and have fun!