Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N : you know, as I was writing this, my smart self started putting parts of this in Russian, seeing as they are in Russia. So I went back, and only a few things are in Russian.

So just to let y'all know, when we get into the flashback, THEY WILL BE SPEAKING IN RUSSIAN EVEN THOUGH ITS ENGLISH

Moy voin - my warrior

UNEDITED

The whistling wind sounded shrill to her ears as she looked out and down from the cliff she was settled at. Pristine white, barren land as far as the eye could see, it traveled over rolling fells and clumped up over any boulders that would have been present.

The brown wolf beside her shifted restlessly, she knew the cold nipped at him, irking him greatly, but it did not bother her very much. Although the male was a bit bigger than her, she would always be able to withstand her surroundings more, she had always adjusted quickly to new surroundings. While the male on the other hand, he was more likely to die in the Russian coldness, he was not a Wolf that lived out in the forest, he was a Lone Wolf that stuck to the city. She knew he thought of it as, the more people the better. He felt more protected, like no Wolf would dare make a scene in front of humans.

Feeling a gentle nudge on her side, she whirled around, snapping at the male, making him stumble back in shock. Her Wolf form brought out more traits of her Wolf, making her extremely dominant and self protective, nearly paranoid. A sense of familiarity warmed her gut, making her wolf form buzz with electricity. Slowly her surrounding faded, morphing into a new scene similar to where she was.

      Her brown hair was plaited in a thick braid that rested softly at the base of her flared hips. Clad in a homemade tunic and leggings, she pulled her Caribou hide cloak closer to her lithe body, shunning out the deceptive cold. Her breath swirled in the bitter air, a small cloud that slowly disappeared. Snow dusted her hair and fringed her lashes, her nostrils flared as she took in any unknown scents that happened to be around. Murky black eyes scoured the white plains before her.

Dark spots moved in the horizon, she watched them with rapt interest, the heels of her boots dug into the icy snow beneath her. Carefully drawn breaths were being exhaled calmly through her slightly agape mouth. Lips tinted with blue, a bit chapped, mouthed breathless words.

"Solntse budet vopit' krov' v etot vecher."

It was barely a whisper but stirred the hulking form beside her.

His golden eyes peered down at her, his mate, his life, his one love. Shaggy blonde hair tumbled into his eyes, raising a large tanned hand, he pushed it out of his face, not wanting anything to keep his female from his sights.

"Liliya, moy voin, are you sure of this?" His voice rumbled in the air around them, sending shivers down her spine.

      "They knew what they were getting into when they stepped foot on these lands." Her eye glittered with malice. "They ruined it all."

       With the end of her words, she took long strides through the heavy snow, towards the pair of horses tied down near a thicket of trees. Mounting the light coated creature gracefully, she yanked on the reins, clicking her tongue, heading after the group of humans who had dared hunt her family, not waiting for her newfound mate to follow.