Chapter Fifteen

Lym knew that she should have stayed still when she met her mate, yet the urge to taint him was too great. She wasn't one to bow down to anyone, she was a predator, she loved the chase. After Alpha King missed her the first time he had commanded his trackers to leave the large study. Leaving the pair of dysfunctional mates alone, the air brewed with tension.

         He took a step towards her, she copied his stance and took a step backwards. Her mate growled, she smirked. If he thought it was going to be easy to tame her, she would sure as hell give him something to chew on. Her eyes analyzed him, carefully searching for his next move. The slight lean in his right leg could be multiple things. it was his dominant side, he had been wounded, or he was about to lunge at her.

        Just as her brain comprehended it, he threw himself at her once again, causing her to dive underneath him. Another attempt to catch her was made while she rolled to her feet, her slight concussion causing her moments to be slow and uncoordinated. She stumbled to her feet as he landed a foot away from her, her breath caught in her throat.

         Lym's sight flashed in and out as she staggered away from him, she brought her hand to her neck, feeling her own warm blood that had trickled down from her head. Crumpling to the ground, she caught a glance at her mate's ever slowly darkening blue eyes.

          "Little one," he breathed out, strong arms scooped her up in their warm cocoon. Te fight in her was slowly dying out, but a spark of fire was still left. A growl came from deep within her, powered only by her pure stubbornness. A purr was all she got in response before the darkness took her.

        The pounding of the music that flooded out from the club was killing Lym's ears, though she dared not to speak a word of it to Gael, the man seemed to not be effected at all by the harsh vibrations. His fair head bobbed through the thick crowds, shrugging off mundane female who threw themselves at the man, unknowing of the darkness that lurked beneath his human skin.

        She followed close behind, receiving may glares from the rejected females, she seemly bared her teeth at them, knowing they were too drunk to notice or even think anything about it the next day. Annoyance ate away at her, the pair had come to the club for only one reason. Women. Human-trafficking to be exact.

          They slowly slipped towards the back, all Lym wanted to do was go curl up some where in the forest, hidden away from the jumpy atmosphere. A large man, he towered over Gael fairly tall frame and made Lym feel like a midget, it caused her to show hostility towards the giant of a Wolf. She silently curled back her lips, flashing him her elongated canines in a warning. He stared blankly back her, she supposed her caused this reaction all of the time.

        "Name?" He rumbled out, crossing  his thick arms over his barrel chest., his dark shirt strained at the muscle mass.

"Gael Rork." Was his short response. Lym's mouth placed itself into a thin line, his name always have her a bad taste.

"Master is expecting you." The large male nodded him in, eyeing her as she carefully kept at least five feet between her and Gael, noting how strange it was that his companion did that. But it it didn't take long for the man to realize that the femme wasn't with him by choice.

Lym's nose crinkled in revulsion when the nauseous stench of fear and sex hit her. The room that the incompatible duo walked into was a nice sized room, dimly lit with the sound of muffled cries and the distant echo of the club's music. Small lights were lined around the edge of the room, on the floor, in one of the corners was a large leather sofa.