Chapter Two

Edited.

How I imagine Olympe's hair

Screams of insanity echoed throughout the thirteenth floor, the guards walked the hall undisturbed. Olympé and Bracken stood side by side, looking down upon the free, releasing themselves from the haunting melancholy verses. 

Olympé didn't know how long they had stood there, but it wasn't like it really mattered anyways; they had endless amounts of time to throw away, while the dwellers below hurried around to their jobs, went shopping, they were free. She could hardly remember a time when she wasn't captive to someone, in one way or another. Only eighteen years old and she had been through more than most would ever go through in their entire life, it was the curse of having her wolf.

Her wolf, though, she'd seen the world, shown Olympé what she couldn't see for herself. She knew that it was partially her fault that her once innocent human was this way, she never meant for it to go as far as it did, that was something Olympé would never know. The wolf was in the last human she'd ever be in before she'd go on to join the Goddess; she wanted to set things right for this lovely, cruel person.

Olympé wanted to learn things that she was always meant to, how to be normal. How to love, but how could she when she'd never received it? Of course, she didn't know she wanted these things, it was purely subconscious. Olympé always knew there would be a hole in her that would never be filled, Gael made damn well sure of that, making sure she'd never trust another, but it was a small victory for her when she tolerated Bracken, a glimmer of hope for redemption. But she had soon realized she had no one to redeem herself for. That small spark died out and she resumed her emotionless state.

Gael. The name always brought shivers to her entire being. She remembered the way he molded her into the perfect killer at the age of twelve. She also remembered the way he begged for mercy when she held onto his beating heart, she felt the way the thumps had sped up every time she taunted him. Yet, it brought her no satisfaction when she pulled it out of his chest cavity. It only added fuel to the pitless fire that brewed in her gut.

It had pained her to kill some of the men that worked for Gael, some were innocent, only working for him because they were forced to. But in Olympé eyes, once you took a child, you were fair game. When the regional alpha of the area arrived at the warehouses where they were all kept, he walked into a bloodbath. She had watched from afar, observing the way he had shook his disheveled black hair, the dark strands fell over sun kissed skin. She wasn't sure what had made her stay that day, maybe it was seeing the horror on their face or maybe the huntress in her wanted to be satisfied in the shock that slowly morphed onto their faces. But when she saw that tall male, every bone in her body screamed at her to run, yet curiosity forced her to stay.

The slamming of magnesium doors and the tugging at her ratty sleeve snapped her out of her memories. Cold eyes swept the room, turning towards the Scottish man. She questioned him with her eyes.

"'Bout time lass, been hollerin' for ya for a good five minutes. Tha guards been pullin' wolves outta tha cells left and right. We'll be next, yeah." Hmm, this was new. Olympé would've been informed if they were to be doing a bunk search. This lack of information irked her, Tiberius, her informative, would be punished for this as soon as she got her claws on him.

Soon their door was open, not as abruptly as the others, near a dozen guards swarmed in, extra precaution for the huntress. A snarl ripped out of Olympé's throat, soon followed by bone rattling growl from Bracken; neither wolves like to be touched often. With nearly a dozen guards in a ten by five foot cell, it was impossible. Magnesium cuffs were slapped onto their wrists and they were led into the hall with their hands behind their backs.

"That's the last of them, Space!" A young guard yelled down past the hundred inmates that were crammed into the hall, the growls of irritation soon followed his outburst. The loudest from Olympé for she hated the name Space, but she hated the man even more. He was an exasperating excuse for a wolf. One that if you crossed him, he'd make your life a living hell, that was why most followed Olympé. She had it out for him, fighting him just about every damn time she saw him, those few times a year left major scarring on him. He damn well deserved them too, for all the shit she had to put up with because of him, it was greatly satisfying to feel his blood pour out and over her claws.

All too soon they were being ushered out and down the stairs, after a dozen flights or so, she had lost count, they finally came to a stop. An extremely long line poured out of the mess hall, this immediately sparked Olympé's interest, today wasn't the day that they all eat in the mess hall.  Slowly, in pairs, the mess hall was filled, everyone made their way to their self proclaimed tables.

Silence. That's all there was when Olympé and Bracken walked through the large doors. Her eyes skimmed around the room, the stench of horrid food and musk was prominent. Everyone on the lower level, the prisoners, bowed their head in respect. But as they did this, she felt a pair of eyes burning into the side of her face, shaking off the feeling, Olympé waited impatiently for her cuffs to be taken off. She felt her wolf thump her tail against her spine, just as antsy as she was.

With a single warning growl, once her cuffs were off, the guards backed off and watched them carefully from above. Bracken loomed behind Olympé, her ever present shadow in the somewhat public eye, trailing behind her as she walked slowly, but ever so surely, to her table. One of the few that were by the windows, on the ground level floor is where the mess hall, and the change in views made the artist side of her itch for a pen and paper.

As she walked through the mass of wolves and hand reached out and slapped her ass. Everyone seemed to hold their breath as Olympé turned around. Before she could do anything, an ear shattering roar was let out from above as she wrapped a calloused hand around the perpetrators throat, feeling his rushed blood flow. Thousands of pairs of eyes turned skywards as a shaking man stared down the man. Slowly, with her hand around the man's throat, Olympé looked up as well.

For a moment the world stopped, ice blue clashed against gunmetal gray. She saw nothing but every fleck of light blue that swirled in his emotional eyes. Astonishment, awe, shock, and anger, the emotions shot through those eyes.

Mate?

Olympé's wolf questioned her own judgement, why was she just now finding her mate? This shouldn't have been possible that she was granted a mate. 

"Mine!" The husky voice staked his claim on the small female below him.