22: Meeting [M]

Jennie entered their house after sending Ella and Limario to school. She approached her wife, who was on the couch carrying Laurent, while Elisa was being carried by her nanny. Jennie also noticed Luke on the carpeted floor, engrossed in playing with his toy cars.

"Hey, baby," Jennie called as she sat next to Lisa and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Hello, did the two behaved?" Lisa asked, referring to Ella and Limario, well aware of their tendency to bicker when she wasn't around.

Jennie let out a dramatic sigh, causing Lisa to chuckle, already anticipating the her possible reply.

"As expected, they always bicker when you're not around. But surprisingly, I managed to make them stop and listen to me. So yeah, they behaved," Jennie shared as she gently caressed Laurent's tiny hands.

"I'm glad you managed to stop them, lovey," Lisa chuckled.

"Well, yeah. And guess what?"

"Is that about Ella?" Lisa asked.

"You got it, baby. She left us! She didn't even hug me before she left because she saw Iseul... she also didn't let me finish my sentence and just ran off to catch up with Iseul. Tsk," Jennie complained like a kid, remembering how her 8-year-old daughter had left without giving her a hug earlier because she saw her crush.

Lisa burst into laughter at Jennie's complaints, and even the twins' nanny couldn't help but join in. Jennie looks toward Lisa with a pout.

"Why are you laughing? You don't know how it feels because Ella can't leave you like that," Jennie whined, but Lisa continued to laugh at the situation.

"You're complaining like a 5-year-old kid there, Nini. Hahaha, don't act like you're not like her. I know for sure that she got that from you," Lisa chuckled, making Jennie furrow her eyebrows.

"What do you mean by that, baby?"

"Well, Ella is like that because she likes Iseul. Of course, she'll do anything just to be with her. Aren't you like that? Don't you come to me immediately, leaving whoever is with you? You get excited and approach me immediately, right?" Lisa asked. Jennie went silent, contemplating her wife's words, and then nodded in agreement.

"Yes, you are right. Now I understand. Ella is whipped for Iseul, just like how whipped I am for you," Jennie admitted.

"Yes, baby, so stop complaining because she got that from you," Lisa chuckled, then kissed Jennie's cheeks.

"Aish, that kid." Jennie leaned back on the couch and observed her wife put Laurent to sleep. "Luke really didn't change his mind about going to daycare, huh?"

Lisa chuckled. "Yeah, just let him, but that would be the last. Mom's picking him up because she wants to bring him while she goes shopping with Dad," Lisa informed Jennie.

"Wow, someone's going to be spoiled again."

"Nah-uh. I'll tell Dad to stop Mom from spoiling him too much. The two would get jealous," Lisa said, referring to their two kids in school. Jennie giggled and nodded in agreement.

"Oh, by the way, baby, I'll be having an online meeting in about 15 minutes. I'll be in the office room, okay?"

"Alright, love." Jennie then pecked Lisa's lips before heading to the office room inside their house.

"Good morning everyone, let's get started with our meeting," Jennie began in a professional tone as she sat in front of her laptop for the online board meeting. She went through the agenda with precision and discussed each business strategy in detail.