6. Are You At Home Now...?

"Let's meet tonight, do you still remember the place where we first met?" 

When Gawin typed this message to his girlfriend two hours ago, it was impossible to measure the sadness filled in his heart.

But right now, when sitting next to her in a cake shop where they first met, when she held his hand tightly, he gradually felt calm amidst the chaos within him. In the innocence of her eyes, she was always the muse while he was the traitor of this relationship. 

So fake...

Gawin glanced at the clock hanged on the wall, it was nine o'clock, he stood up and took his jacket, "Let's go home, I'll drive you home."

'The last time I drive you home.'

Before the girlfriend could put on a disappointed face because they left early. Gawin already left the table, the wooden cake cabinet caught his attention, all the cakes inside looked sparkling and sweet. It took him a few seconds to think before he walked there and chose the two most colorful cakes.

On the way home, she kept talking about the movie that was showing in theaters and getting good responses, then the topic changed again to the fridge at her house that had been filled with Gawin's favorite food and ingredients this morning. 

If he stayed tonight, she wouldn't mind cooking for him.

Gawin just replied faintly, "I won't stay over tonight."

"From now on, I won't come here anymore, Pim." Gawin slowly stopped the car in front of her house. He saw her smile fading, the doubt and then confusion reflected in her eyes. He did not smile, nor was he angry, he just evenly looked at her.

"Today is our last date. Today is the last time I go out with you, the last time I send you home. Pim, starting tomorrow, your number will no longer be in my contact."

"Gawin, you mean..."

"Let's break up!"

A hand reached for his impatiently, trembling, her eyes filled with tears.

"What's the reason? Gawin? So you have someone else? Ah! No, you're not that kind of person, do you stop liking me? We haven't seen each other much these days. Did I do anything that you dislike? If yes, I'll fix it."

"Aren't you hiding something from me?"

"What kind of person am I, ain't you the one who knows me the most? I've been with you for a year, you know how much I love you. Gawin.."

"Pim! Are you really not hiding anything from me?"

Gawin's tone was still warm, but his eyes were calm and cold. From the way her hand paused for a few seconds on his skin, he knew she was guilty... well, part of. He knew his guess was right. He looked at her until she shed tear. Gawin, who was always sweet and tender, no longer reached out to help her wipe them away this time.

"The day I made a video call with you, you wore a thin cardigan and came out to the balcony to answer it. Who were you with that night?"

"I was with friends..."

"Pim" Gawin stared deep into her eyes, dark and watery, "I don't want to listen to lies."

The moment she lowered her head in silence, the pain that Gawin thought he couldn't handle did not come. He looked at her wet eyelashes, her shuddering body, and her trembling fingers trying to hold his hand as if it could save their broken relationship. 

He felt nothing but disappointment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for letting the instant interest ruin our relationship, I'm sorry. I wasn't in the right mind, I didn't know when it started, just... just because I crave intimacy and affection from you, and that person suddenly appeared so... I.. I.. but I promise this is the last time, I will not contact him anymore. Gawin, can you give me a second chance?"