13. I Want To Hear Your Voice

'Do you hear your heart beating fast, Gawin?

Your eyes are not right, your smile is not right, and you paying excessive attention to every action of Krist is also not right. 

The beer poured down your throat but made your mind drunk. 

It seems like you forgot that Inn and I are still here, right?

You are indulging yourself like you got nothing to lose,  discreetly and slowly.'

Podd was still sober, but his friend might be already drunk. The infatuation Podd saw was not the intoxicating smell of alcohol flowing through the corners of his lips, it was the discreet yet obvious look in the eyes of Gawin when gazing at Krist. 

He failed to ignore those two the minute their knees touching every time they talked, or when Gawin leaned close to Krist so that the other could rest his arm on his shoulder, or the moment their hands accidentally touched. The long earring glistening on Krist's ear and the perfume emitting from his sleeveless T-shirt, fresh night air and evergreen, concerned Podd.

To Gawin and his small world, Krist is a sweet temptation.

It was not nice to talk about Krist like that, Podd only met him once and the impressions of that day drifted far away, but Krist of that day was completely different from Krist of tonight. Just like a cocoon transformed into a beautiful butterfly, while Gawin became a true photographer whose personal thoughts difficult to share to anyone.

Podd lit a new cigarette, he couldn't say that he enjoyed the feeling of smoke descending into his lungs as the cigarette was still stayed between his fingers.

He heard Krist ask Gawin something and that friend of his gladly accepted it as if he was waiting for that question for a long time.

"Do you want to go up there and meet my friend for a moment?" 

Gawin walked right behind Krist and smiled politely as he stopped at the most crowded table, calmly facing different kinds of people... in this situation, it's the smaller guy's friends. He was unaffected by external factors or personal feelings. Podd and Inn never won against Gawin when it comes to composure, Podd could totally read the meaning of his look when he greeted Bright, it was full of cautiousness.

Podd should have been able to go upstairs with Gawin if he wasn't afraid that their drunk police friend dozing off next to him could be kidnapped by some idiots. Although Krist didn't look at him when uttering that invitation, Bright and Joss appearing in one place together could make anyone accept instantly. If it was any other day, Podd wouldn't hesitate to follow Krist to greet them, but tonight he did not want to do anything. He leaned back in his seat, holding a mug of beer about to be spilled and a burning cigarette.

"Inn..."

Inn slowly raised his head to look for the voice calling his name, with a blank expression as if he was brainwashed by alcohol. Podd just stared at his cold, light yellow beer, the ice melted and the cigarette burned close to the end, he whispered, neglecting an annoying series of sounds at the bar.

"Gawin likes Krist. Can you feel it?"

'Don't let Gawin realize that. 

If he cannot give a name to the feelings in his heart, he will never know. There will be no pains. On the contrary, once he were aware of it, he would only listen to himself.'

...

On this side, Krist's friends also noticed the same thing.

Bright raised an eyebrow, shooting Joss a bland look, as he tried to contain his long sigh. Just a few words but its influence to him were completely opposite.