10. We Just Know...But We're Close

At the age of five, Podd told his mother that he would likely become an astronaut. When turning ten, Gawin wanted to become the most famous actor in Thailand. The 15-year-old Aou wished to become a great magician. 

On the other hand, Krist, in his early 20s, dreamed of becoming a dog.

Right now Krist really wished he could turn into a dog so he could run away and find a corner somewhere and hide in it, not sitting here amid the laughters of Aou and Podd, Gawin even fell out of his chair laughing.

"Aishhh! I said that seven years ago."

Krist whined and shyly snuggled his head on the back of Aou, who was laughing, his whole body moving. Podd saw Krist's toes curling up due to embarrassement, causing him to giggle again. Gawin had to wipe away the tears that came out while laughing heartily because of the smaller guy's impossible dream.

Krist would look like a shiba, smart and adorable.

"Okay okay, I think a headband with dog ears would be good on you, Krist. Though I have to say you reminded me more of a cat the moment I saw you." Podd spoke up after successfully suppressed his laugh.

"Right? He does look like a munchkin cat, but his personality is definitely like a sphynx."

Aou said that while Krist finally showed his face. Gawin could see the blush from embarrassment on Krist's cheeks, the corners of his lips curled up even despite the shyness, Krist was indeed so adorable.

"A dog or a cat, I think Krist will still be cute." 

'As long as he always smiles.'  

Gawin swallowed the latter, his throat dry, Podd turned to look at his friend discreetly for a few seconds, so fast that Gawin could not realize it because his eyes stuck on Krist. As for Krist and his cousin, they were busy laughing and making jokes, unawarely.

Podd can be certain that Gawin will never give him that gentle look, while Podd is his best friend among them.

Krist is also his friend, isn't he...?

"Oh right, I met P'Bright at the company today, he just got a new tattoo on the back of his neck, he looks so cool." Aou told Krist, his eyes glowing, as if Bright was sitting in front of the boy.

"Actor Bright Vachirawit?" While Gawin was confused about who they were talking about, Podd already spoke out the name of that person, partly because he was interested in many fields and partly because Bright is a famous artist.

"You know him?" Aou's eyes sparkled.

"I've heard Bright's famous songs and seen him on TV a few times. I have to say that he really got a lot of unique tattoos, very aesthetic." Podd rolled up his left sleeve, showing the boy a simple tattoo below his elbow, "I got this a long time ago."

"Since you broke up with your first love, right?" Gawin said that as he picked up the half-empty bottle of wine and poured into everyone's glasses.

"Yeah... now I want to remove it."

"I have a close friend who owns a well-known tattoo shop. Bright also got his tattoos there, do you guys want to come visit someday?" Krist took a bite of the chocolate marshmallow cake. Gawin thought he had hidden the whole box already.

"True true true, he's very funny, he is the owner of a tattoo shop and a restaurant, so the four of us can also eat steaks there, it's delicious!" Aou reached for the fried fries and then immediately turned to Podd with a surprised expression when he heard the other mention Joss's name.

Podd really knows a lot of people. Gawin had never been jealous of that until today, sitting here listening to the other three talking about the people that they all knew but him. A feeling of anxiety rose in his stomach when Podd could easily say the names of the people Krist knew, Gawin seemed to be the only one still standing outside the threshold of Krist's world.