12. Let's Go To Your Favorite Bakery!

"Krist..."

He realized that Gawin has stopped calling him 'phi' recently. He didn't mind it at all. In fact, knowing that the other is the serious type, Krist prefers the way him calls his name naturally like this more.

"Gawin?"

"Keep walking, let's talk on the phone, tell me when you reach home, so I can go to sleep."

"Why-"

"Just keep walking and talking like this, you won't feel scared, or I'll have to drive you home and go back when it's already late."

'I might not want to go back.'

Krist's shy smile was hidden in the night-chilled mist. Gawin's coat is quite big for him. He pulled the sleeves down to cover his hands and then cupped his face to avoid the cold, enjoying the other's scent lingering on the tip of his nose. Krist continued his walk homeward alone, unhurriedly, thinking of Gawin's tenderness made him unable to surpress his smile.

"Do you feel sleepy yet?"

"I just drank a whole cup of coffee this evening so now I'm still wide awake." Gawin held the phone away so Krist wouldn't hear him yawning. The taller guy didn't go back to the house, he moved unconsciously towards Krist's direction, wanting to see that small figure. Gawin has never thought that looking someone walking from a far could make him so contented, because that moment was not separation.

To him, it was something else. 

The farther the distance was, the closer they became.

Gawin knew that Krist was smiling on the other end of the line. With the phone held to his ear, he heard Krist chuckling and then noticed him shyly bow his head out of habit. Luckily their houses were close to each other, Gawin could watch him walking home. Krist's pace slowed down, his hands were still cupping his face. Gawin really wished that the road would be longer and longer so their conversation wouldn't have to end.

'Walk slowly, Krist.'

'There is no reason for that.'

'I just want to see you a bit longer.'

Krist knew that Gawin was lying, he saw the cup of coffee the taller guy left behind was still half-full when Krist returned the shop to pick up the forgotten coat. Krist wouldn't expose him, nor would he expose the fact that he himself didn't want to leave at all. Krist wished there was a reason for him to go back to the other's house, his steps became slower and slower, without knowing Gawin was watching over him from behind.

"This evening, is that actor Bright Vachirawit?"

"Yes, a close friend of mine in the company."

The distance between them was now quite far enough for Gawin to see Krist's hair clearly. The smaller guy looked as small as a ginkgo leaf, the light brown coat fluttering slightly in the wind. Gawin didn't even realize he was shivering, he did not want to go back to the house even though Krist completely disappeared from his sight, because he knew the guy was walking alone in the night, under the dimmed streetlights.

He trusts Krist, if Krist says Bright is his friend, then they are friends. The discomfort that had been haunting him all this evening finally faded. He couldn't explain this either, but there was a strong belief in him telling that Krist wouldn't lie to him about anything.

Krist would scream every time Gawin used a fine-tipped instrument to press onto his teeth to see if a cavity was present. He would become moody and sulky every time he fell sleepy. All of his cute gestures naturally crept into the taller man's memory. For more than a month, his head has been filling up with Krist's images day by day. Since when Krist appeared, each day Gawin has remembered one thing of him.