8. Have Dinner With Me...!

Krist and Gawin spent nearly an hour walking around the shopping mall before successfully finding the jewelry shop - the main reason for tonight's date.

Gawin looked at the necklaces and rings, then his eyes paused at the counter display of earrings. His gaze wandered until a pair of triangle stud earrings. He has seen Krist wearing it twice, once was on the day they first met at the clinic, and the other time was in the music video that Gawin watched today, he wore it on his left ear.

There was no reason to explain for Gawin's particular interest to Krist's earrings. Just because Krist was the only man who wears earrings among his friends?

Maybe that was the reason.

"May I help you? What type of earrings do you want?"

The employee's soothing voice startled Gawin a bit. He raised his head and realized that he was standing next to a couple, which unintentionally made him feel out of place. Krist was standing away from him, his surroundings filled with empty space.

He scanned the shop until he spotted Krist in front of the necklace counter. His hand were resting on the top of it, the light inside the counter display shining on his fingers, his wrist, and half of his face. 

Krist was looking towards Gawin.

NO, exactly he was looking at someone behind Gawin, with a tight smile.

His movements became slow, his hand slid off the counter, and he walked towards Gawin, at the speed of half a century, unwillingly, there was suspicious hesitancy in his steps.

Krist took two small steps then stopped, he blinked profusely, eyes widening, frowning at the space behind Gawin. Although Krist was trying to keep it, the expression of sursprise fallinon his face in that split second was more vivid than anything in Gawin's eyes.

He was broken...

Something wrong was happening, right in front of the smaller guy's eyes, even though he said no words.

There were only four people in the shop right now, a couple, a shocked Krist, and a reluctant bystander, Gawin. Several guesses flashed through his brain quickly and stopped at the most honest possibility, explaining all the expressions worn on Krist's face. 

If that person was the girlfriend Krist often mentioned about, things would be terrible tonight.

'The autumn is really the breakup season.'

Behind Gawin, the conversation of the couple, still unaware of Krist's presence, echoed like a song played from a scratched vinyl record, distorted sound, incomplete melody, making anyone who accidentally heard it feel irritated and uncomfortable.

He knew how it felt, as he was once owned a 'scratched vinyl record' as well.

Gawin didn't want everything to get worse.

He walked in front of Krist without showing any apparent emotion. But before he could open his mouth, Krist turned his head to the shop door, pretendedly looking around for a few seconds, then he turned to face Gawin, again, his expression was awkward yet he didn't realize.

"Well, I think I should give my mother a dress instead, the jewelry here is not really nice."

Krist raised his eyebrows, sadness now engulfted him, he let out a short sigh, showing an unsightly smile, a sign telling that his inner feelings were not okay despite his attempts to hide it. At this moment, Gawin felt that Krist's emotional walls would collapse like a castle made of sand if Gawin looked at him for five more seconds.

Gawin chose to be a fool. He held Krist's hand and dragged him towards the door, holding the shopping bags with his other hand.

"Let's get out of here, the 'things' in here are repulsive. They don't match your taste."