7. Do You Know You Look Like A Cat?

Gawin didn't stay at his girlfriend's house much when they were still together. He liked waking up in his own house, getting out of bed without being called, and going to the kitchen to make his favorite coffee.

This morning was the first time he woke up next to a man, with completely messy hair, on a sofa which was a bit too small for two grown-up people to lie on, with beer bottles and snack wrappers scattered around.

It didn't take long for him to remember how he came here last night and why he ended up sleeping like this, his back and his arms now were numbed. He looked at the watch on his wrist and decided to go back to his house to change clothes, and then go straight to the clinic.

Krist didn't seem like he was going to wake up, even when Gawin was struggling to pull out the jacket slung over the back of the sofa where he was sleeping on.

Waking up Krist was a challenge that only Aou could do that, whereas Gawin had no idea about that, so now he was feeling uneasy with the thought that Krist drinking too much and being tired like this was because of his issue.

His movements were gentle...

One hand of his was pulling out his jacket, and the other hand was slightly lifting Krist's round head. Gawin was startled a bit when the small guy rubbed his face in his palm and pressed his puffy cheek against it, his eyes were still closed.

The taller guy didn't realize that he had just stared at Krist for more than five seconds. He slowly withdrew his hand and draped the jacket over his arm, hesitating whether he should wake up Krist to say goodbye or not. But when Gawin noticed that a light shade of pink brushed across his chubby cheeks in the morning sunlight and heard a little snoring sound, he decided to quietly walk to the door.

He also was not aware that he had just turned his head to look at Krist one more time before leaving, even though all he saw at that distance was just a tuft of his messy hair.

Until now, when the sun almost reached the highest position in the sky, the coffee cup was long emptied, leaving only coffee stains at the bottom, he still thought about Krist's chubby cheeks, unconsciously. It was like two strawberry mochi cakes he saw in the Japanese bakery this morning, just like the soft cheeks of a baby boy who was holding his mother's hand and standing outside the clinic. The baby looked at him through the window and then giggled, his smiling eyes were like two mini crescents.

Krist's cheeks are so adorable.

He was so engrossed in thinking about that guy's cheeks, when he unintentionally glanced at the phone, the screen flashed and went off for the third time. Gawin unlocked the screen and saw the name of his best friend - Podd.

The dentist walked toward the counter and put coffee beans into the coffee machine, then he made a call. Podd's voice on the other end was calm as if he was so used to Gawin not answering the phone during his working hours.

"Are you free, my friend?"

"If during my working hours, then no."

"Ah! Do you have any appointments in the afternoon? If not, please close the clinic a little early. I just broke up. I need someone to drink with me."

A small exclamation "Oh!" rang in Gawin's head.

The autumn was supposed to be the love season, not the breakup season, but seemingly it was not.

"Is tonight okay? I have two appointments with my customers this afternoon."

"Have to go home in Ratchaburi this evening, my mom called this early morning, complaining that I haven't visited her this month."