11. Why Don't You Tell Me To Stay?

"If no one gets a tattoo, do you want to see me get a tattoo?" Joss led the two of them to a tattoo room after neatly placing his jacket on the chair. Aou went outside a while ago. Gawin could see numerous simple tattoos on Joss's right arm, in different placements. Perth was already waiting in the room with his favorite tools, it seemed like that boy would be the one to tattoo Joss.

Gawin felt interested as soon as he saw the tattoo design that Joss showed his employee, a rat.

"That's his birth year." Krist explained to the taller guy with a genuine smile.

"Krist!" Aou excitedly opened the door and rushed in, grabbing Krist's sweatshirt and pulled him out, "P'Bright told us to come down and play billiards!"

Bright Vachirawit... 

Krist and his cousin seemingly like this person a lot. Gawin was a little curious but he decided to stay in the tattoo room. He was so fascinated by Perth's hand movements, especially when the boy gently pressed the needle into Joss's skin to draw the outline, the ink began to be deposited within the skin layers, a meticulous silence filling the space.

Now there were only Perth, Joss, and Gawin in the room.

"I didn't think you would be that interested." Joss's low voice rang out steadily, interrupting the noise of the working tattoo machine. Gawin was a bit surprised but soon gained back his calmness, raising his eyebrows, he smiled a small smile.

"Is it because I look serious?" Gawin responded to the tattoo shop owner.

"You seem like that." Joss nodded.

"Podd, my close friend, said the same thing to me, as if I've changed a lot."

"You know, people don't change easily, it actually depends on the situation. Back then, I didn't like tattoos at all, didn't try alcohol, I was not into many things that I do like now," Joss said, lowering his head to look at the ink running into the deep layer of his skin. He used to shed tears when he got his first tattoo, which is the reason why he put that sign "Crying Zone" in front of the parlour, but today he no longer felt nervous or sweaty seeing the needle.

Gawin doesn't really have the habit of bombarding others with questions when they are sharing their stories, he only listens sincerely. If they don't want to open up, he simply ignores it. People who don't know him well might think that Gawin is the superficial kind. 

Fortunately, Joss was not one of them. He looked up and smiled at the new friend of Krist when Perth almost finished the tattoo outline.

"If you waveringly walk into a tattoo shop, not sure about either which tattoo you want or which spot you want for your tattoo, then it's better not to get a tattoo. However, once you really want one, come back here, I will do it for you."

"That sounds great. I'll consider it. Thank you!" Gawin chuckled, his eyes moved from the tattoo to Joss.

When Perth finished the tattoo for his boss, Joss and Gawin went downstairs, Gawin saw Krist sitting and swinging his legs on a swivel chair next to the bar counter. He was tasting the cocktail that Boom made for him, giving comments like a bartender expert. 

This bar of Joss usually opens in the late evening so the employees often come at eight. During the other times of the day, Joss lets these boys take care of it.

Gawin was so fascinated with tattoo process that he only now realized it was dark outside. Krist pulled up his sleeves to check if the taller man was tempted to get any tattoos, Joss could only shake his head helplessly at that scene. Boom walked back to the bar to prepare a drink for Gawin but was stopped, the dentist didn't have the habit of sipping alcohol before dinner.