9. I Got Dumbed Today

Krist had already eaten half a box of ice cream. He stopped scooping when seeing Gawin turning off the stove. The smaller guy closed the lid of the ice cream box and put it back in the fridge.

"Let me get the plate." He said quickly.

Krist confidently walked to a cabinet beside the fridge which he thought there would be dishes inside, but then stood dumbfounded as it was filled with all kinds of coffee. It was surely not a cupboard, his movement was fast that Gawin also didn't have time to say that it wasn't. 

Krist's enthusiasm made the other who was standing next to him chuckle.

'Adorable.'

Gawin opened the cabinet on the right and turned to look at Krist, the corners of his lips still curled up. Now the smaller man knew where the cupboard was, Krist scratched his head, feeling silly, he went around Gawin's back, taking out the largest plate.

"Thank you," Gawin received the plate from Krist, "please give me a bowl too, the big one."

When Krist had the largest bowl in his hands, Gawin was already waiting for him with a ladle. Krist took it and carefully ladled the soup out. He heard the sound of Gawin's slippers moving toward the left side of the kitchen, the cabinet door opening and closing in a few seconds, his fingers tapping on the cabinet surface. 

Krist lifted his head, their eyes met. 

Gawin was staring at Krist affectionately, leaning against the counter, his head slightly tilting, while his hands holding a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"This is my wine cabinet."

Krist nodded and smiled. He put the ladle in the bowl of soup before approaching Gawin. His fingers lightly touched the bottom of the wine bottle. Krist bent down to search for the alcohol content on the label, his body leaning on the counter, and remained that position to debate with Gawin.

"This one is heavy Gawin, are you sure you'll drink it?"

"You just told me this afternoon that you will have a day off tomorrow, right?"

Krist stood up straight, his fingers still caressing to the bottom of the bottle, a tinge of pink at the tips of his fingers.

"But tomorrow is not your day off. I'm worried you'll get drunk."

'He's so kind...'

The taller guy's heart trembled as he has found one more lovely thing about Krist. When someone is heartbroken, they just want to get themselves drunk terribly to run away from the reality. No one really cares about whether the person accompanying them is drunk or not, Krist must be the first case. His simple thoughts, no need to cover with lies or pretense, everything he says or does showing his true self.

'How precious he is!'

Gawin didn't know how other relationships of Krist were, whether they care for the smaller guy like the way Gawin was caring for him. The nicer Krist is to others, the more people will love him. The more Krist gives to others without expecting anything in return, the more people will be willing to do anything for him.

Like what Gawin was doing at the moment.

The tomato egg drop soup and kimchi fried rice with pork belly and mushrooms. A late night meal looking not really difficult to make but actually took much of his time. Even though Gawin wasn't hungry, he knew Krist wasn't either, he just... wanted to take the other home and warm his lonely heart.

That was the first time he brought a guy whom he's just known for days home.

Every relationship has its own soul, Gawin feels that they can heal each other through get-togethers. Every time being with Krist makes him comfortable.