Chapter 31-40

Chapter 31 County

  There were quite a lot of people on the bus, and the mother and daughter didn't get a seat, so they had to stand while carrying their sacks. Xiang Chunlan hesitated to speak several times, but after looking at the noisy environment around her, she swallowed her words.

  It wasn't until she got off the bus and walked in the alley that Xiang Chunlan finally couldn't help but ask: "Who is that young man? He is the friend you said introduced you to the job opportunity. When did you have such a friend who was a soldier? "

  Jiang Xu looked at the patter of rain, then at Xiang Chunlan, and sighed helplessly: "We are just ordinary friends. Mom, let's go to my uncle's house quickly. I'm going to get wet."

  Xiang Chunlan immediately said: "Yes, yes, let's go quickly and go to your uncle's house to make a bowl of ginger soup to ward off the cold."

  Nothing is as important as my daughter.

  The two of them carried their things and hurriedly walked to the workers' compound of the machinery factory.

  Xiang Xinda works in a supply and marketing cooperative, but his wife Mao Qiongfang works in a county machinery factory. Although the supply and marketing cooperative unit is good, the conditions are not as good as those of large state-owned factories like the machinery factory, and the housing conditions are naturally not comparable. So when the couple divided their rooms, they chose to live in the machinery factory so that it would be convenient for Mao Qiongfang to go to work.

  They were working two jobs, and they were divided into two rooms in the courtyard. The area was quite large, and a small half room was separated by a kitchen. The remaining area was just enough for three bedrooms. The couple and their two sons had exactly one bedroom each.

  Such housing conditions are considered very good in the county.

  However, since both sons got married and had children, the space in the family has been somewhat stretched.

  Fortunately, the eldest son and his wife are both regular workers in the machinery factory, and they should be able to get a house and move out in the next two years. The younger son and his wife are both temporary workers, so they don't want to have a house. When the old couple retires, they can take over the job. It's good if it's right.

  It was almost noon, Mao Qiongfang had just gotten off work, and she and her eldest daughter-in-law Liu Weiting hurried home to pack things and make lunch. Although their family was all workers, everyone basically ate at home. As for a large family, it was better to cook at home. You can save a lot of money by eating in the cafeteria.

  Besides, the children in the family are all in school, so it's not convenient to go to the factory canteen.

  Soon, Xiang Yaowen, the boss who also worked in the machinery factory, also came back. He was stopped by someone at the door of the factory and said a few words, so he was a step late.

  Xiang Yaowen shook the rain on his umbrella and said: "They say there is a burst of autumn rain and a burst of cold. Don't say it, it's really a bit cold when it rains. Mom, did you buy some meat today? You need to eat some meat in this weather. ah!"

  Mao Qiongfang rolled her eyes. Her eldest son had exactly the same temper as his father. No matter how old he was, he still didn't care about anything and just knew how to eat!

  She said: "I didn't buy meat. It rains every day. Who can bear to queue up at the food station? If you want to eat meat, you can queue up by yourself tomorrow morning."