And the party started !

The Utonium family arrived at the front of the mansion. An enormous yard and a gate in gold welcomed them. The girls and the professor were staring at everywhere. The fountain with an angel spitting water, the bushes were an explosion of colors. The professor kept driving until a line of cars stoped him. All the persons in their luxurious clothes came out of the car and gave the key to domestics. The professor and the girls came out of the car and a man showed up.

« Good evening. May I take your key ? » said politely the man.

« Sure... » he gave him his key.

The face of Bubbles frowned as they continue to walk until they meet a massive door open with a man and a woman who welcomed them.

«Good evening... Sir, Ladies. May I see your invitation ? »

« Of course. » the professor gave him the purple and golden envelope and they entered in the mansion.
The outside of the mansion was impressive, but inside was more impressive. The room was big, two stairs in circle climb to the ceiling. A gigantic crystal and gold chandelier cascaded from the ceiling, just above their heads. The colors of the room were sober but hid the luxe of the mansion. Multiple lamps were on the wall next to family portraits of the Morbucks family, the great grandfather, the grandfather, the father and his daughter. Only a single corner of the wall was empty, but the time left a mark on the wall as if a painting was here a long time ago. A lot of people were already here talking more privately.

The voices of people in another room were loud enough to follow them. As the family arrived in the room, the room was filled with people, important people of the town. Famous businessmen and women, celebrities, journalists, the mayor...

Mister Morbucks come personally to welcome them.
« The prodigious Utonium family ! » he took the hand of the professor for a strong handshake.

« I was waiting for all of you to come. »
Bubbles tensed her eyes darting to him like knives.

« Well, thank you for the invitation. » the professor answered politely.

«  You must be proud of your daughters... the famous Powerpuff girls. We finally meet, I hope you will enjoy the rest of the gala. I have to discuss about some things with your father. » he took the professor by the shoulders and lead him to a group of important person in politics and others journalists. He gave a smile of helplessness to the girls.

Bubbles breathed loudly and Blossom put a hand on her back to calm her.

« I can't believe he's acting like the professor is his friend. He didn't even give us attention. He's using us like tools. »

« I know Bubbles... but he's not our priority. »

« I know, I know... » the anger could be feel in her voice.

« I'm starving. Do you wanna grab something to eat ? » said Buttercup trying to change the conversation.

« I want to do a tour of the mansion to make sure there is nothing wrong.»

« I prefer to go outside and take some fresh air. » said Bubbles dryly.
She left the room to the balcony. Buttercup shrugged her shoulders as a sign of helplessness and head to the hors d'œuvres. Blossom looked at her sisters leaving her and walk in the middle of the crowd.

***

Bubbles walked in the empty balcony, strangely nobody was here. She walked lost in her mind and the feeling of anger growing up, her blonde hair was tight in a pony tail, she added some curls and pearls to her hair. The wind was blowing in her hair and her dress, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath of this wind and try to calm her anger. The moonlight illuminated the balcony, and she noticed a form.