And the contest started.

After weeks of preparation, hours and a lot of stress, the contest finally began. Blossom and Bubbles have been enjoying their break. Their last preparations are over and now it's time for them to shine.

***

Blossom took a hundred steps in front of the doorstep. She was supposed to be waiting for Miss Keane and the scientists from the Dexex laboratory. The longer she was waited and the more nervous she became. She was not the type of person to stress, but this time, yes.

Suddenly the door opened on Miss Keane and the scientists. She stood up and smiling confidently as they entered.

« We are in one of our classroom. Let me introduce you Blossom. She is one of our best students and she is taking part in the contest. »

« And a Powerpuff girls. Is this a way to influence the contest ? » said one of the scientists. But before Miss Keane could answer, Blossom took the lead and said :

« No, not at all. I'm interested in pursuing a career in science and having a contact with you, it's a way for me to prove what I can do and to know more about this field. »

« Only your project will make you win. We want to see what you can do. »

« Of course. » added Miss Keane, « she will only be your guide before the contest. »

Blossom scrutinized the small group of scientists, looking for someone ? But who again ?

« Follow me. The high school was founded at the same moment as the city. » said Blossom.
During her prepared speech and with the support of Miss Keane, Blossom talked about the history of the high school, the events the school organized, the clubs, extra-curricular activities or even students organizations. Blossom showed to the scientists the old library, classroom, cafeteria... and even made laugh multiple times the little group.
The group stopped at the cafeteria where they could have some rest and refreshments. Blossom stopped at every table to talk to the scientists, to see if they needed anything or had any questions, to talk about their recent experiences or their new projects.
And this is where Blossom saw them together, sitting at a table, eating some croissants and drinking lemonade. Smiling, flirting and enjoying the moment as if they were alone in the world.
It was a shock for her.
Blossom had never seen them like this, or not since the accident. Her parents had always worked at Dexex. Of course, they would work at Dexex too. She stared at them, with a mixture of emotions and all the years were they hadn't been there for her. And now they are happy ? She was barely breathing and needed some air.
Blossom took a moment to get some air outside of the cafeteria. All those feelings, boiling inside of her, that mixture of emotions... It was a pain for Blossom,
'I can prove them. I can prove to them, I'm better. I have to, I can't fail.'
But also a chance for her to prove them that she was good, stronger and better.

After a moment to calm her feelings, her stress, her anger. More determined than before, she returned to the scientists as if nothing had happened.

***

The gymnasium was used for the contest. A stage was set up in a small corner for the musicians. The instruments were already there, the gymnasium was decorated for the occasion and the inventions, boards and other equipment were placed all around the gymnasium.
Buttercup was helping Bubbles to set up her drums. On the other side, Boomer was granting his bass. During their last repetitions, they ignored each other. Again. Bubbles kept glancing discreetly at Boomer. He put his bass in a corner and suddenly walked away.
Buttercup caught Bubbles's glance, rolled her eyes and said:

« Follow him, you won't be focused enough if you don't talk to him. »

« I don't want to talk to him. » Bubbles shrugged her shoulders.