Menace and danger.

« Congratulations, your project was fantastic ! » said a girl.

« Thank you...»

It went on like this all morning, the next day after the contest, Blossom and Harry were congratulated by everyone who crossed their path.

« See, no one is angry with you. » said Harry.
That was what Harry thought, she was mad at herself. He didn't know the truth.
A danger, that what she was.
The whole night, Blossom didn't sleep, her parents's words echoing in her head, and when she finally dozed off, the dawn lit her room and Buttercup woke up, earlier as usual, to do her exercise routine.
She could only pretended to sleep well, but the bags under her eyes and her lack of answers couldn't fool her sisters and the Professor.

« I didn't want to put anyone in danger... » she couldn't find her words, her obsession to win her parent's approval overpowering her mind.

« We all know. Don't worry, I mean we have an internship at Dexex, isn't that cool ? »

« Yes, it is... » she wasn't as excited as before, but she smiled a little at Harry.
Blossom heard footsteps coming closer, a shiver ran down her spine. She felt his heavy gaze on her shoulders and for once she didn't have the strength to hold it.
Strangely, and for once, he stood in front of her. A few centimeters away from her, her back resting on the locker.

« Congrat. » said Brick.
His tone was cold as ice. Blossom didn't react or even look at him. She just clenched her fist against her tightly. Harry looked at her and Brick, his eyes wandering. He could feel the tension between them.

« Thanks, we thought we couldn't win, so... »

« Harry ! » said abruptly Blossom, he interrupted his sentence trying to find her eyes, but she didn't look at him either.

« What ? A problem ? »

She didn't answer, again. No argument, not when he saw her weak.

« You were more talkative yesterday. If you can't even face me, you'll never be ready for the rest. » said Brick.

Blossom took a deep breath deeply before facing him, furious. Ready for what exactly ?

« Is that a menace ? » she asked with a raised brow.

« A warning. » he replied back.

They held their gaze until Harry coughed in embarrassment.

« I think class is about to start... »
Blossom avoided him and angrily walked into the classroom. Brick's eyes followed her before he also entered in the classroom.

***

« I thought the Professor was exaggerating this morning, but you look really tired, Bloss. Are you okay ? » asked Bubbles.

« Of course I am ! I'm just tired. »

« If anything's wrong, we're here you know ? » said Buttercup. « Eat something. »

Blossom forced herself to eat her sandwich, even her favorite sandwich didn't make her feel good. It tasted like ashes.

« What are we going to do about the Ivory Stone ? » asked Buttercup. « Do we sneak into the house or we find another way ? »

Blossom jumped at the opportunity to avoid eating or talking about her:

« We don't really have another option, we have to find a diversion. »