04

Chapter 4: Early mornings.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever."
Alfred Lord Tennyson-

The six year old ran through the corridors, shouting one name: Minho

He needed to find his best friend right now because he had the best news for him, but the older was nowhere to be found.

He opened doors and doors to empty rooms, circled the garden and looked under the dinning hall's enormous tables just in case. He screamed through the windows and asked about Minho's whereabouts to everyone he saw.

Jina noona was who finally gave him an answer. "He's with Aera Noona, Jisunggie. I think Minmin's in a meeting right now, so wait here with me until he comes out, okay?"

But Jisung refused to do as he was told, running off to wait right in front of the meeting room's door. He bounced up and down, excited and full with pure adrenaline. He basically couldn't sit still to save his life, so after half an hour of patiently waiting for Minho, he started to get worried that his friend wouldn't come out.

It was a bit weird that Minho was in the meeting room now that he thought about it, he never had those unlike Jisung and the other kids, so the young boy started worrying that Jina noona had lied to him like how she did a year ago with the thing about his mommy and daddy.

Thankfully, all his concerns went away when the door opened and a pair of tall adults, a man and a woman, left the room with a sigh. His mind filled again with the big news.

As soon as he saw Minho come out a few minutes after the adults, head low and frown settled deep in his features, Jisung launched forward and hugged him really, really tight, swaying him from side to side and squealing. He didn't see Minho's expression, he was too excited and too young to pay attention at such things.

"You won't believe what happened, Min!" he beamed. "I got into school!"

He tightened his grip on Minho, but there was no reaction from the older. He didn't hug back, he didn't say a word.

When Jisung noticed, he felt his friend shaking in his arms. A hand settled on his shoulder. Aera Noona was pulling him away from Minho.

And Minho was unmistakably crying.

Jisung froze, his little heart breaking in his chest at a sight he never had to witness before. "Sunggie, Minmin right now needs a little time alone, honey." Noona had crouched down to his level.

Minho sobbed next to them, wiping his own tears messily. He had started crying loudly and Jisung's frown deepened. What was wrong with his Min?

Registering Noona's words slowly, he shook his head. He didn't want to leave Minho alone when the boy was like that. Aera sighed. "Jisung, please, go back to the garden and play with the rest."