17

Chapter 17: In your eyes.

"With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, who could not be happy?"
Oscar Wilde—

"With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, who could not be happy?"Oscar Wilde—

Jisung is all dreamy smiles and sweet giggles. I still need time to adjust to his behavior.

No, I still need time to adjust to him being around again. Felix is also all dreamy smiles and sweet giggles, but he's not Jisung so I'm used to him.

I don't feel like cooking and Jisung insist on ordering some fried chicken, insists on paying for everything himself. At first, I refuse to let him pay, but he's stubborn and I don't have enough energy to keep up with the stupid fight, so, reluctantly, I give in.

Still, I make sure to order the cheapest thing on the menu which happens to be a simple soy sauce and garlic fried chicken. I tell him that's what I want and he writes it down on a little piece of paper he's taken out of nowhere.

"Hello!" he says when someone picks up the phone on the other line. "I would like to order a Jamaica sotteok manna chicken with no spice and a spicy barbecue seasoned chicken, please." I take a while to process that there's no soy sauce and garlic chicken on that order.

"Hey, that's not what I want—"

"Shh, Minho. I'm on the phone." he puts a finger to my lips and I'm one intrusive thought winning away from biting it off.

This smooth asshole just ordered whatever he wanted for me. Yes, it's my favorite, but still. I wanted something cheap and tasty and that doesn't exactly fit in the cheap category.

"Uhh, for the drinks..." he turns to look at me and I tell him that I don't want anything. "Two sodas, please." I sigh. He's doing whatever he wants again. Jisung never listens to me, I should have known by now. "Oh, and I'd also want to order a strawberry milkshake with whipped cream and caramel syrup, and a cherry vanilla one with extra syrup and whipped cream."

I widen my eyes even more. "Jisung, cancel that. I don't want any milkshake." I half whisper-half shout as my last desperate attempt to save his wallet from himself.

When he completely ignores me for the third time in, what, five minutes? I furrow my eyebrows and walk away to grab a glass of whatever.

I keep constantly not knowing how to feel.

How to feel about Jisung, about his actions.

I'm so lost and it's so annoying.

A pair of arms wrap around me from behind and I freeze, the glass still under the constant flow of water. "Sooorryyyyy." Jisung says.

I'm frozen in my spot. Really, my limbs refuse to move and suddenly everything is too overwhelming. Suddenly, I want to cry, scream and die.

I'm not used to this.