07

Chapter 7: I'm not weak.

"Look at you comforting others with the words you wish to hear"
William Wordsworth—

"Look at you comforting others with the words you wish to hear"William Wordsworth—

It took Jisung some time to finally compose himself and start speaking. Minho had to swear he didn't mind him talking about his worries a thousand times.

He even promised to tell one of his worries to Jisung after, to compensate. It was adorable how the younger just wanted to make sure he was all right too.

Between sniffles, Jisung started speaking. "I liked someone. I...I thought he liked me to, but ever since I told him he's been saying things about me around school and now no one talks to me anymore."

"What is he saying, Sunggie?" Minho tried to know, to figure out what he could do to help Jisung.

The younger sighed and burried his face in Minho's chest, soflty hugging his torso. "He says that I'm dirty because I'm an orphan. He says that everyone should stay away from me because I'm so horrible not even my parents love me." he couldn't control the silent tears running through his flushed cheeks. "Is that true?"

His voice was weak, and it was painfully clear to Minho that he really believed that he was a horrible person. The ten year old's heart broke and suddenly the only thing he wanted was to punch that guy on the face after soothing his Jisunggie to sleep and making sure he knew he was loved.

To make sure Jisung knew he loved him.

"It's not true, Sunggie. You're not horrible. In fact, you have one of the brightest personality I've ever known." he stroked the youngers hair as he continued to sob in Minho's chest, shaking.

"I'll make sure he stops lying."

●●●●●

Seungmin doesn't move. His eyes never leave me and I don't know what to do besides stand there, awkwardly. You could say he's inspecting me.

"Did something happen at work?" he asks, but it doesn't surprise me his ability to see right through people, including myself.

I still lie, because I don't feel like explaining what I've been trying so hard to ignore. "Nothing. We were just busy today and I'm tired."

"But Felix isn't tired like you." Seungmin insists. I try my best not to groan with frustration.

"Yeah, well, I woke up earlier than he did."