Chapter 15 The Act Of Betrayal

You stayed on the roof for at least 30 minutes before finally jumping off to a narrow alleyway to not look too suspicious from coming up top. Now, I'm making your way through holding the boys close to you, hugging them, but unfortunately, the good moment can't last without a random drunkard interrupting.

Drunk man: Hey, their lady, are you lost?

You just shook your head as you continued to walk through, but he followed, making you sigh in annoyance because you didn't want to cause a public scene.

Dman: Are you hungry? I can buy you some food if you like?

Y/n: Mhm, I just ate no thank you

Dman: Ah, don't be like that. What if I take you out for a drink?

Y/n: I don't drink actually nope I'm good. Take care, sir.

You waved, but he then tried to grab your hand, but before you could slap his hand away the the gay dude stepped in.

GDude: Excuse me, sir, can't you see she's busy and wants nothing to do with you? Take a hint already. Besides, she's carrying sleeping children in her arms. You're going to wake them up.

Y/n: Oh, it's you. Thanks for the help.

You smiled at him as the drunkard took his leave but you swiftly hit the side of his neck to knock him unconscious and lean him towards the side of the wall people thought he just randomly fell and didn't pay him as much attention however eyes where on you because of your looks you are beautiful afterall.

Y/n: Is something wrong

Random people

Woman: What a gorgeous oiran. I hadn't seen her before

Man: What a pretty lady

Boy: Mommy, look, I wanna get a girlfriend as pretty as her!

Girl: I wanna be as pretty as her too when I get older

Old Man: She should be married by now. Where's her husband?

Old lady: Seems like a single mom how sad.

Y/n: Please don't mind me. I'm just a traveler running an errand. These are my siblings, not my children. I don't make assumptions, and just because their are single parents out in this world doesn't mean they should be look down upon watch your mouth.

You said the last part quite bitterly now, glaring at a few of the adults here.

Suddenly, the scent of feya was near, and you were anxious for her well-being since you didn't want her to be warped into this entertainment district. But before you followed a path towards her you went back to the pond that you ment karaku at and you gently the boys in your lap as you scooped up some water in your palm now slightly splashing them but it seemed not to wake them up so you tried tapping their face gently but it was still no use.

Y/n: Yuno, tae, please wake up...

You continued to to lightly tap their face while also spashing them with some water from time to time receiving a reaction in their unconscious state which made you feel relieved so you stop and started to gently caress their heads.

Y/n: Lily, are you alright? Come here.

To which the little creature flew towards you smiling while tilting its head while her tail wagging looking forward to your head pats too, which you did comply to.

Y/n: Thanks for watching them, girl, and I'm glad you're uninjured.

Suddenly feya scent was now stronger, but this time, you could smell blood it was her, so you shifted your attention immediately towards her direction however somoneelse came running towards you, making lily swiftly hide herself between the boys.