𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

A/N: Little disclaimer; Vincent and Freya do NOT have romantic feelings for each other, they are merely joking and being sarcastic.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝

Vincent stretched his right arm, leaning against Temple. He glanced around at the empty deck, standing in front of the hangar. He had woken early as usual, hoping to slip out unannounced. "C'mon T, we gotta hurry. These guys emit clingyness."

He climbed onto Temple's neck, preparing for takeoff, when a flash landed in front of him.

"And where do you think you're going?" Hiccup asked.

"Out. Away. Gone. What do you want? I told you I was just passing through." Vincent answered, narrowing his eyes.

"Why not stay here? You're a Hofferson, and a dragon lover of Temple is any indication; you're very welcome to stay."

Vincent scoffed, hiding his nerves. He couldn't stay. Not after what happened last time.

"No, thank you."

"Now, please let me leave."

Toothless huffed. "C'mon. Does it hurt to stay?" Hiccup tried again.

"Yes-!" Vincent closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. It was a full moon tonight. Yes, it mattered.

'Fine. I'll just sneak away when they least expect it.' Sighing, he relented. "Fine. I'll stay. But I won't promise I'll stay for long."

Hiccup smiled. "Great! Now come, breakfast is soon. And Tuff's morning news.

Temple looked at his human in confusion. It was soon time. Why were they still here? Meanwhile Vincent gnawed at the leftover chicken with narrowed eyes.

Hiccup glanced at Vincent with suspicion. Why was he so against staying here?...

Freya yawned as she walked out of her hut. She gave Thor a quick scratch along his chin, then made her way slowly towards the clubhouse.

As she reached the clubhouse, she remembered Vincent from yesterday, and wondered if he was still there.

She walked into the clubhouse, noticing that he was still there. "Well, look who decided to stay," Freya remarked dryly, walking over to the others.

Vincent sighed. Just great. "Yeah, suck it up princess."

"'Princess'?" She raised an eyebrow, a smirk on her lips.

Hiccup shuffled in his chair. "Yeah, yeah, calm down everyone."

"Caught this guy here trying to take off at the break of dawn."

Snotlout grimaced. "I'd be sick of you guys too. Oh wait, I already am."

Astrid rolled her eyes. "We're all just waiting for you to leave Snotlout. But please, do stay." She remarked sarcastically.

"Damn, Astrid." Freya smirked.

Astrid fist bumped her.

Vincent grumbled something about "free rights" and "idiots".

"Oh, shut it, blondie." Freya muttered.

"Sure, Princess." he answered sarcastically.

Fishlegs then came running in; "Vincent! Good, you're still here. Can I please take notes of Temple? I've got nothing on his species!!"

He hesitated, then shrugged. "Sure, if T's okay with it." Temple snorted, but sat down with a slightly bowed head.

"'T'?" Freya raised an eyebrow. "That's what you call your dragon?"