𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

A loud clang awoke Freya and Vincent, as the cell doors opened.

Some Dragon Hunters walked in, and one spoke gruffly. "Ge' up, you're coming wi' us." The others grabbed Freya and Vincent, harshly pulling them up.

Freya brushed them off, muttering. "I can stand by myself, thank you very much."

One tied a rope around Vincent and Freya's hands, before they walked out of the cell, flanking the prisoners.

Vincent glared at the guards, all effects of the dragon root gone. Freya had explained to him what it was, and that the hunters had been using it for a while. Those little shit-heads.

Freya followed the guards, but tried to be as difficult as possible, walking slowly, before she exchanged a concerned glance with Vincent.

The guards pulled them up from the ladder, leading them onto the deck. The harsh light made Vincent cry out; he hated it, and the dark cell had been a big difference from this.

The brunette blinked a few times, adjusting to the brightness. "Wow, it's bright up here." She muttered.

The guards ignored them, pushing them along, until they reached the dock. Here, they stopped in front of Viggo, who was discussing something with Ryker.

Freya shot a dark look at Viggo and Ryker, her green eyes deadly.

Viggo turned, smiling when he saw them. He nodded at the guards. "Put them in the dungeons, beside the ring. Oh, and remember to feed them. I'll be needing one of them for further discussion later."

"Fuck you." She muttered under her breath.

Vincent snorted, and Ryker gave him a weird look. Oops, maybe only he had heard that.

The guards then decided to ruin the mood by grabbing their arms, dragging them along.

"Get your filthy hands off me! I can walk by myself." She slapped their hands away, brushing herself off and following them.

They only grunted, steps not faltering. Vincent just gave up before he even tried, sighing wearily.

Freya looked at Vincent with a tinge of concern, as they finally reached the dungeons.

The Hunters threw them inside, locking the door. Vincent sat up, looking around him. The dungeon was bigger than the cell on the boat, at least twice. Light filtered through a window on the back wall, and on a window on the door. The place reeked of rot and old bones scattered the floor. It was harsh, and it was cold. Vincent hated it with all his gut.

She wrinkled her nose, looking around. "Well, isn't this place cheerful?"

Vincent didn't comment. He laid back down again, staring at the ceiling with unseeing eyes.

"You okay?" Freya paused, sitting down next to him, cross legged.

"We're gonna die," he rasped.

"Aren't you a little sunshine?" She sighed in response, turning her head to look at him. "We aren't going to die, Vincent. We'll get out soon."

"How?" He turned his head as well, both of them looking into each other's eyes, Vincent's gaze hopeless, Freya's reassuring but with a tinge of worry.

Freya paused. "I haven't got to that part yet. But, I know we will survive, okay?"

He blinked. "And when... when full moon comes?"

"I'm not sure what we'll do, but everything will go well. You have to believe it." She said seriously, her gaze soughting out his.

Vincent sighed when she answered. He was about to say something, but heard boots clanking down the hall. He straightened up.

Her eyes immediately flicked to the hall, trying to see who it was.

"It's the fancy dude. Geez, he even walks like he owns the place."

"Viggo?" Freya's gaze betrayed a hint of fear, then it was as gone as quickly as it came. He grimaced. "Yep."

Just then, the lock clicked open.

a/n: ive only got a few more chapters prepared (not the end of the book) so if anyone has any ideas for what could happen, please leave a comment or dm me on insta (info in my bio). hope yall are enjoying this and please please PLEASE leave comments and vote!