𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

A/N: A bit of a longer chapter, hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote :)

The other two followed, Vincent staying at the back, chatting with Temple. Hiccup swooped after Freya, asking; "Should we tell the others?"

"Tell them that he's going to stay or that he's a were-dragon?" Freya glanced at him.

Hiccup snorted drily. "Uh, both, I guess?"

"Do you think we should? They might not want him to stay, but some of them might be able to help."

"Ruff won't be glad to hear about the Lycanwing part. Snotlout too. Tuff will probably try and get him to talk to Chicken. Fishlegs will be terrified, but he'd dive in a volcano just for research purposes. I think Astrid is fascinated that he's a Hofferson, so she'll be okay with it." Hiccup said, thinking out loud.

Freya chuckled at the Tuffnut part, then tensed slightly at the mention of Astrid. "Mhm."

Hiccup glanced at her, then Vincent. "Let's just ask Vincent."

Vincent looked up at the mention of his name. "Mh?"

"Are you okay with us telling the others about this whole thing?" Hiccup asked.

Vincent frowned but quickly schooled his expression. " Sure, why not. "

They finally reached the clubhouse, Thor landing elegantly and Freya dismounting. The rest of the gang was inside already, and she braced herself.

"Hey guys." She walked in, checking to see the other two were following.

They all look up as the three plus their dragons walk in. Confusion and relief cross their faces when they see Vincent. Vincent stares back, a defiant look in his eyes.

"Vincent? What happened? Fishlegs was clearly referring to the fact that Vincent was still caked in blood.

Hiccup sighed, sitting down. "We have a lot to talk about."

Everyone gathers around to listen, casting worried glances at Vincent, who was sorting through his pouches, counting things, and brushing off dirt.

Hiccup took a deep breath. "You know how we all thought the Lycanwing was a myth?"

Everyone gasped at different degrees. "Did you come across it?" Tuffnut asks, almost... excited. Weird dude.

Hiccup and Vincent share a glance. Hiccup gestures for him to continue the tale.

Vincent sighed. "Those two did." was all he said.

Fishleg furrowed his brows. "But, no offence, you're the one who looks like... really bad. What does that..." he trailed off, understanding dawning on him.

"This is why Fishlegs is the smart one." Freya muttered to no one in particular, sitting next to Hiccup and Tuffnut.

Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Snotlout were staring at Vincent in confusion. Astrid suddenly gasped, instinctively reaching for her axe.

Vincent tensed, glaring at her. "Don't worry cuz, it'll be a little while now. You can put the axe away." he said acidly.

Hiccup makes a 'back off' sign to Astrid. She stared tensely at Vincent, but relaxed her grip on her axe.

"I still don't get it." Snotlout said, annoyed.

Hiccup rolled his eyes. "Last night, Freya came across the Lycanwing on an island farther west. It followed her back here, where I intercepted her. We lured... it to the Isle of Greyforest, where we got off its trail."