𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

A/N: Hey, readers! I'm so sorry for not updating. I'll post a few chapters today. Thanks for all the support!

The scaly beast soared high over the mountains of Dragon's Edge, letting the wind carry him and his human. He flicked his gaze over to the western sea. An eerie screech cried out, far, far away, and his eyes turned slightly to slits. He growled slightly, turning back towards base.

Freya's body tensed up as she heard a faint noise. "Did you hear that, Thor?"

He growled lowly in confirmation, flicking an ear at her hand. It was a warning gesture, a 'no fucking way' gesture.

"You know I'm going to want to check that out, right?" She gently scratched the area near his ear.

He crooned back, silently begging her not to go.

"C'mon, you baby." Freya steered him towards the noise, leaning forwards slightly to go faster.

On a distant island, the Lycanwing prowled through the trees. Spit dripped from its mouth, blood smeared over its claws.

He howled again, taking flight. Vincent screeched when a branch snagged his wing, but he couldn't control the Lycanwing, no one could.

It flew from sea stack to sea stack, hunting, watching, listening.

The scuffles and crazed movements were silent.

Thor soared over sea stacks, as silent as possible, listening for any noise. Freya, tense on Thor's back, kept an eye out for any movements.

It screeched again, claws quickly grabbing onto the Terrible Terror. A horrifying crunch echoed across the water.

Moving on, the Lycanwing spotted a dark figure soaring over him in the clouds. For some reason, it triggered a warning at the back of his mind, but the Lycanwing ignored it.

He took flight.

The dragon was quick and silent, trailing the other figure with ease.

A sharp tang wafted into his nose, and he dived, the scent of blood overruling its curiosity.

A boar carcass.

Slobbering sounds reached Thor's ears.

He shifted slightly in the air, tensing.

scanning the ground, he noticed a small island resting in the water down below.

A figure was hunched over a bloody mess, terrible crunching and slobbering sounds coming from it.

Thor growled, trying to turn back.

"Thor, no, we need to check it out."

The dragon let out a low sound. His instincts were screaming at him to get away, but he couldn't defy his human.

He flew down lower, taking cover in the darkness.

The Lycanwing looked up, a bone sticking out of its mouth. Gaining a millisecond of control, Vincent clawed at himself, his head, his chest, scrambling to get away, but the moon light shone down on him, and it was the same as always.

Thor landed in a tree by the shore, now closer to the strange dragon-like creature. It's screams and movements were wild, but the figure, the posture, felt almost... human...

With sharp eyes, the Lycanwing turned to the shoreline, a guttural snarl in its throat. 'Threat!' its senses screamed at it, and he crouched low, prowling along the sand.

Freya's eyes widened, sensing that the creature was... familiar. "Thor, what is that?"

The Lycanwing stood up full height, spreading its wings, staring directly at them. It was steel grey, with brownish hints and the spike-frills around its head were... blond-ish.

Its piercing gaze was amber, pupils small slits, a hard glint in its eyes. Almost... desperate.

Leaning on its back talons, lifting its wings- as if they were arms- into the air, he threw his head back, howling at the moon.

Thor stiffened. That...

"Is that a... Lycanwing?" Freya remembered her conversations with Hiccup and Fishlegs, about the strange dragon in the Dragon Eye. "Oh, we have to get out of here." The brunette cursed softly.

The Lycanwing tilts his head when he hears her voice. Freezing, Vincent howled with grief. He tried to grab control again, clawing at his eyes, his mouth, his face.

Thor prowled out into the open, the dragon knew they were there anyways. He sniffed. It almost smelled familiar.

"Thor, I think we need to go."