𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

She sat down at her bed, her arms wrapped around her knees, her chin resting on them.

Thor crooned, leaning his head against her thigh.

The brunette reached out a hand, stroking him absentmindedly, her thoughts somewhere else.

Thor sighed. He couldn't understand why the world had been so evil towards his human. She did not deserve that.

Freya took a deep breath, pulling herself together, before she got up again. "Let's go for a ride, Thor, what about that?"

He eagerly nudged her, rumbling.

She walked out of her hut, and mounted Thor, taking off.

Relishing the feeling of wind in her hair, all her troubles far away, she let go; breathing in the cold air.

Thor let out a plasma blast, rolling in the air

She laughed, this time actually feeling some joy.

Behind them, a different dragon call sounded, one they did not recognize.

Freya looked behind her, curious.

Temple swooped down beside them, Vincent laughing at Freya's expression. He was sitting cross legged, his dagger in one hand, a piece of driftwood in the other.

He looked better- his face cleaned, hair brushed.

She let out a breath. "Oh my lord, Vincent, you scared me!"

He smiled brightly. He looked much happier in that moment, on his dragon, soaring over the clouds. "My apologies!" he called, but he didn't sound genuine.

"I'll get you back!" She laughed, steering towards Vincent.

Temple disconnected his wings, letting Vincent pack his things before doing a loop in the sky. Vincent, not having a saddle, held onto Temple's horns.

"C'mon Thor, we can do loops too."

Thor grunted, instantly diving down before lifting again, doing three loops in a row.

Thor relaxed, gliding smoothly in the air. Freya turned to Vincent. "This is what it's like to be a dragon, Vincent."

Temple stilled next to her, gliding peacefully. Vincent looked over at the other Viking with warm amber eyes. He smirked. "Well, that's great and all, but can you fly?" he sprang over Temple's head at the last word, diving quickly.

At her gasp, he locked in his leather wings, the wind propelling him straight up besides Freya and Thor. He whooped, doing a barrel roll.

She looked at him with amazement. "Wow! How did you make those?"

He grinned widely. "After becoming the Lycanwing I kind of missed flying when I was a human. I just did the maths, looked at temple wings and bam!"

He put down one arm, swinging to the side to land on Temple back again. The big dragon made a chirping noise, glad to have his human safe again.

"That's so cool." She smiled.

"Thanks m'lady." Vincent said with a smirk, while folding his leather wings back. He patted Temple on the head.

"Did you make the wings yourself?"

"Yeah. I've never been the best fighter but creating things, I can do!"

She looked at him with a smile. "That's amazing."

"What is it like to properly fly?"

"It's fantastic. Feeling the wind rushing past you, being able to go anywhere, the vast sky the only thing around for island-lengths!"

"Wow." Thor continued gliding for a moment, then suddenly stopped as he spotted something. "What is it?" Freya asked worriedly.

Temple stopped besides Thor, connecting his wings together for stealth. Not that he had much anyways.

Freya looked down at the empty ocean, until a movement caught her eye.