𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Hiccup stared out at the horizon, a hand on Toothless. It had been three days now, and no one had seen Freya or Vincent.

Astrid came out to stand beside him. "They'll be back, I'm sure of i-" she was cut off by a loud horn in the distance, and it wasn't theirs.

Both instantly jumped on their dragons, making their way over to the sound. "What in Thor's name-" Astrid stopped when she saw the Hunter ship. It was empty, except Viggo, who was sitting in front of a table, just like last time...

"How did our scouts not- Tuffnut!" Hiccup grunted, flying around in circles above the ship.

Astrid looked at him. "I'll get the others, then scour the island for more of them. Don't go down there before someone gets here. I know how you are."

Toothless huffed, as if agreeing, and landed higher up on the docks. Viggo looked up, a neutral expression on his face. Hiccup leaned forward, scanning the shore for more Hunters. None. Interesting. Also, very suspicious.

A short while later, Snotlout came barging in as backup. Hiccup took his chance, flying down to land on the deck. He tensed. "What do you want, Viggo?" Viggo chuckled, still sitting. "Ever the blunt one. I like that about you Hiccup, makes it easy to know what's on your mind."

Hiccup jumped off Toothless, activating his fire-sword. "I'm not looking for any tricks today, so get to the point."

Viggo raised a brow. "I'm here to propose a trade."

Hiccup frowned. Last time didn't go well.

Viggo reached for something from behind his back. Hiccup froze, staring at it. It was Freya's sword. "What did you do? Hiccup snarled. Viggo smirked. That was a reaction alright.

"Well, someone stumbled upon my ship the other day. We weren't even out trapping, just moving cargo. Luckily, we managed to get some more of that." His eyes glinted.

Hiccup stiffened and Viggo continued. "Two dragon riders attacked our ship. No self-preservation. I didn't recognize the one... Vincent, was it?" He smirked at Hiccup's expression.

"Didn't know you were recruiting, I would have signed up myself."

He pondered before moving on. "Well, of course we beat them, but for unexpected reasons. Seems your friend Vincent did not know of our dragon root arrows, and he... reacted strangely. Allergic, maybe?" Viggo raised his brow.

Hiccup stared at him, and when realisation hit him like a rock, his heart dropped. Oh Thor, that dragon root spice was some tough shit. The dragons that got hit wouldn't last long without an antidote and Vincent... nobody knew.

Hiccup's mind strayed to Freya. She must have been hurt or distracted for her to have been caught.

Viggo chuckled at him again. "We quickly made of them." He said vaguely. "And now, the deal. Well, for one thing, a fall back on the attacks would be nice. You have no idea how much money we spend on repairing ships these days."

Hiccup grimaced.

"Oh, and the Dragon Eye, can't forget that. You know, a matching Night Fury head to go with the girl Viking's one would be splendid." The Dragon Hunter smirked.

Hiccup tightened his grip on his sword. It was very hard for him not to just take a chop at Viggo right this second.

Viggo glanced up at Hiccup again. "Hiccup, my dear friend. You will be wanting your riders back?" Toothless growled. Hiccup almost snarled at Viggo, but pulled himself together. "You are not my friend Viggo. And you never will be. You know I can't give you all that, what do you want me to say?"

The guy shrugged. "Well, a 'yes' would be sufficient."

a/n: this one's a shorter chapter, but it's just to show what's going on w hiccup while freya and vincent get captured! please comment and vote, and enjoy reading