𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Hiccup faltered. That's not what he expected. "You think he's here? On this island? Oh Thor, we need to make sure the Lycanwing doesn't..."

He stared at the dagger.

"Freya..."

"This wasn't here before."

"Hiccup..." Looking back at him, a gleam of understanding shone in her eyes.

Hiccup gulped. He met her eye. "You think...?"

She nodded slowly. "That's why he needed to leave. It's the full moon."

"Oh Thor... and I- that's why he seemed almost desperate. It also explains Temple's reaction. If he's been like... this... for a while, he must know to send Temple away. Oh, what in the name of Odin..." Hiccup trailed off, a sad look on his face.

"I thought the Lycanwing was a myth... I wonder how he got bitten..."

"What do we do?"

His gaze hardened. "We leave him here. There's nothing we can do now. We'll come back tomorrow, with Temple."

Grabbing the dagger and pocketing it, he mounted Toothless again and took off. He didn't look back.

She sighed, getting back on Thor, and followed him, quickly catching up. "How do we help him?"

Hiccup frowned. "I'm not sure he wants us to. Not that we'll listen, but. He said he'd been island hopping since he was eight. He probably never settled down anywhere because he knew what would happen. He'll likely flee as soon as he gets to Temple."

"So what, you'll just leave him to struggle? Is there something in the Dragon Eye about this?" Freya snapped, getting angry.

"We checked everything! But, we did think it was a myth, so we weren't thorough. I'll go through the dragon eye with Fishlegs... and we can take a trip to Lycanwing Island. There were some carvings on the walls and such."

"I'll also write to Gothi."

"Thanks." She paused. "I think Vincent will appreciate it."

He glanced at her. "I hope so." he murmured.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆟 𓆝

Vincent groaned, fluttering open his eyes. He could feel the rough ground under him, rocks and twigs and everything. The thin rag he was wearing did nothing to comfort. He had a splitting headache, and a long scratch on his arm that was throbbing. He could feel grime and dirt on his face, along with a thick, warm substance he suspected was blood.

Sitting up, he remembered what had happened. He groaned again.

Of course, just his luck that Freya would stumble upon him. How? He was so far away! Stupid idiots almost got themselves eaten! And by him!

Vincent sighed, holding his arm in his hand. Ow. He hated the aftermath of the Lycanwing. He always lost his clothes.

He wondered if Temple would arrive soon. Somehow the clingy dragon always managed to find him.

He needed to get out of here, and fast, he knew the dragon riders would likely try and find him.

He stood up, leaning against the rock cliff on his right. He had passed out on the stone after searching for the riders everywhere on the island.

He turned his head towards the breeze, coming from the sea.

He soon heard familiar wings land close by, and made his way over to Temple.

He smiled when he saw him. "T! How you always manage to find me, I'm not sure, but boy am I glad to see you. D'you have my clothes?"

Temple nuzzled his head, putting down his vest on belts in front of him. Vincent quickly changed, making sure everything valuable was there, when he froze.