Chapter 18: The Amalgamate Fusion

Blue: What is that?

Flowey: It's an amalgamate! But it's absorbing the other amalgamates!

Blue: It's also getting bigger, should we leave?

Flowey: Yes!

I pick up Flowey and run to the elevator before pressing the button that would take us back to Alphys' lab. The elevator goes up but we felt something stop it in place, large things burst into the elevator and i noticed that they were tendrils made up of that amalgamate.

I try to punch the the ceiling of the elevator but it seems to be made out of a very durable metal.

Flowey: Punching the ceiling isn't going to work!

Blue: You're right, I have to punch it harder

Flowey: Idiot-!

I quickly hold onto Flowey before equipping my jet wings and a right armed gauntlet. I launch into the air and reel my fist back before throwing a straight right hand with my gauntlet.

The entire ceiling shoots into the air and I fly past it, escaping the entire laboratory. I land on the surface of Hotlands before dropping Flowey onto the ground.

Before we could say anything, we heard the ground erupting and saw the Amalgamate grow to enormous heights.

It bursted through the ceiling of the old lab that belonged to Alphys and I could see that this....blob was composed of different amalgamates from Alphys' experiments.

blob was composed of different amalgamates from Alphys' experiments

It was a monstrosity now.

Blue: That seems like a problem

Flowey: Of course it is, you dumbass!

Blue: What do we do?

Flowey: I-I don't know! Just get away from it!

I begin to walk away but the amalgamate blob/fusion saw my figure and attempted to grab me with tendrils emerging from its body. I jump away from the tendrils and transformed my forearms into blaster cannons out of instinct.

I blast the failed experiment multiple times before having to dodge more tendrils attacks by rolling to the side. However, it grabbed me by the ankle and brought me close to its face, so I quickly transform my cannon into a Blade and stab it.

It lets out a cry of pain and released its grip on me, before I land safely and gained considerable distance from it. It seems to have forgotten about my presence and moved on, but towards Asgore's Castle.

Blue: That thing was focused on me, but it's moving towards where the barrier used to be.....it wants to reach the surface

Flowey: How do you know?

Blue: It's like a wild creature, but it probably can sense other life forms....which is why it was focused on me. But now that I'm away from it, it can feel everyone else, and it's more than one.