Chapter 1: life as a slave

                                                                                  Alyx's P.O.V   

                                                                            All rights reserved

                 CAUTION: some scenes may contain mature content. All rights reserved.

I wiped the sweat from my brow as my last required batch of lemon squares was shoved into the oven, a  sweet aroma drifting from the other 1,490 trays as the human slaves assigned to decorating carted them off. I had to powder the five in front of me and the ones baking before I was actually done, but that was the easiest part of my job.

The life of a maid wasn't the hardest to live, but it took a toll on humans like everything did. I was permanently stained with the aroma of powdered sugar and citrus, with scars on my body that left a weight on my shoulders. Though many people probably had it worse than me, I couldn't help but dream of a worry free life in exchange for this one.

With a sudden flourish all whispers fell silent, the older maids now mixing and powdering faster than before. I could hear whimpers of fear from a few if the younger ones as the emotionless males sauntered over to their stations.

        The enforcers were here.

Enforcers were male wolves that had lost their mates, and due to males possessive nature, only a few mates were lost. Unfortunately, that also meant the enforcers were even crueler and more violent, leaving humans to suffer.

Enforcer Richard snarled in my ear, pushing me to the floor as he inspected my work.

         "Not fast enough. What is this? Are you being lazy, bitch? You know what happens when you're lazy-" my cry of fear silenced him, the memories of whips and belts clawing at my back filling my thoughts. His cruel laugh filled my ears as he walked to his next victim. He hated me and the other human slaves, always calling us foul words and tearing us in two. Yet it seemed to please him when we squirmed at his soft touch, rough hands running across our waists when only the humans were around.

        "TWENTY MINUTES!! HURRY UP, SLUTS, OR YOU WILL BE PUNISHED!!" Enforcer Richard snarled, and suddenly he was gone. Sighs of relief were heard, but each human slave seemed to work twice as fast once he left.

                                                                                                  ¥

        Every unmated female between 16 and 40, human or not, was expected to attend the mating ball. After their years as a potential mate was up, the humans became breeding machines for the enforcers to use to release anger and built up frustration, or to be paired with male humans.

This year, the ball was to be held in December, due to five humans turning 41 in the summertime. It disgusted me, how many wolves had already taken their innocence.

I had a while to go, seeing as I was only 19, but that didn't stop wolves from trying to put their claim over me. They seemed convinced I wouldn't be mated to a wolf,  and the initials carved into my back proved it. At least ten men had done so, or at least the ones I was awake for.

There were days I would think of which was worse. Being a sex slave to one individual person, allowed to rape, beat and or kill me, used only for children and pleasure, yet to be respected by many others out of the house, having two lives instead of one. Or to be used by many, like a worn glove, beaten, cut and claimed over and over, yet still not have to worry about disrespecting somebody by accident and feeling it later. But I always came to the same conclusion.