Chapter 10: It's goin' down, I'm yelling murder

Rollayne's P.O.V

All rights reserved.

I missed her.

Even though it had only been four weeks, I missed her so deeply.

 Her eyes.

Her smile.

Her breas-

NO, BAD ROLLAYNE.

NO.

Sighing, I reread the battle plans. They had surrendered so... easily.

I didn't buy it.

 We had been able to convince some of the humans to spill, if we promised to get them out. These savages had been able to hide all of these beatings, rapes, and murders as if they had been treating humans like everyone else. They wouldn't admit to their crimes so easily unless they had a plan.

But none of this made sense. Why surrender, unless to attack when our guard was down? There hadn't been any sightings or scents of anyone but our pack members

"Alpha!" My Gamma, Charles yelled, bursting into the room with three warriors.

"What." Growling, I pushed my work to the side of my desk.

"Spit it out, before I-"

"The Luna's old pack. They've waged war on our land, and they're attacking as we speak." Ah. So this was their game, take us by surprise.

It wasn't working.

"Did you issue defense plan 9?" The man nodded, the scent of his fear still flooding my nostrils.

"Then why are you still fearful, man!" I yelled, patience nonexistent. 

"It's the Luna. She's gone missing."

                                                                                          *

                                                                               Alyx's P.O.V

Alpha Jano growled, digging his claws deep into my sides as I groaned in pain.

"Do you really think, a pitiful human like you, could defeat an ALPHA," With a shove, I was lying on the cold hard ground, blood pooling around me from the burns and punctures that covered me.

"LIKE," Stomping on my chest, tens of thousands of cracks filled the air as my rib cage shattered underneath his foot.

"ME." He laughed sadistically, adding more and more pressure to my screaming torso, eyes filled with malice.

"Soon, you and your oh-so-powerful Alpha will crumble underneath us, and we will RULE ALL," He yelled victoriously, wolves around us lifting their heads and howling. As blood started to pool in the back of my throat, I started to claw desperately at his leg, the need to breathe overcoming dignity.

"Aw, is the pathetic little Luna hurt?" Alpha Jano sneered, spitting on the ground next to my cheek.

"If only your precious little Alpha was here to save you." As soon as those words left his mouth, a roar so fierce and loud it would make the moon goddess herself tremble in fear rose from behind him.

"He is here."Rollayne snarled.

                                                                                                *

                                                                                 Rollayne's P.O.V

That little motherf*cker

hurt her

hurt mate

he must die

What if she dies

why is her stomach bleeding

                                                                                               *

                                                                                   Alyx's P.O.V

At the time, I didn't feel any pain. Everything was numb.

Everything seemed...

                                          So far away.

It was like jumping into the water, and the shock of the cold fades into a buzz of feeling, and all you could feel was it enveloping you in it's hold.

Alpha Janos snarled, reaching to his hip for a gun...

Which I slapped out of his hand, then picked it up and used it myself. Shooting his kneecap, I threw it in Rollayne's direction, hoping that would help.

Cursing under his breath in pain and frustration, Alpha Janos kicked my neck like it was a field-goal. A roar filled my ears.

I couldn't see anything other than what was above me. Rollayne had tackled Alpha Janos, leaving a clear blue sky in my eyesight. And then...

The blonde she-wolf. The one that had slapped me.

The one that thought I was a slave.

"YOU RUINED EVERYTHING," she snarled. But I didn't feel fear.

I felt...

Calm.

"I WAS GOING TO BE HIS MATE AFTER HE DIDN'T FIND YOU. BUT NOW," She laughed.

"I will help him grieve." She held a knife tip against my chest, and I felt a small tingle.

"NO!!!" Rollayne screamed.

                                                                                  *

Rollayne was holding me in his arms, running off to somewhere I couldn't see. My clothes were warm and stuck to my body as he ran, like I had just run through the rain.

I wouldn't tell him about the baby.

He didn't need to hear about something that won't happen. Maybe he'll be okay if I die.

Maybe...

Maybe he'll forget about me.

And that was when I felt pain.