chapter 12: Some ignorance is bliss

Chapter 12: Some ignorance is bliss

Alyx's P.O.V

All Rights Reserved.

Rollayne pulled me to him before I could even take in a breath, kissing every inch of my face as if I solved all of the world's problems.

"I thought I lost you," He whispered, grasping my face tightly in his hands. I was silent, knowing he first hing out of my mouth would be a sob, a cry of pain for what we had lost. Sensing something was wrong, he pulled away a fraction of a millimeter away to look into my eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you in pain? Did they do anything...like that, again? I swear to god, they got off easy with their deaths-" He snarled.

"W-what do you mean, their deaths? Did you kill them?" His silence answered my question.

"I needed to make sure you were safe." He concluded nervously, grip tightening on my hips.

And started to cry.

"It's over. It's finally over." I whispered, throwing my arms around his neck. No more beatings, no more harassment, no more cuts, bruises or rapes. It was...

Over.

"It should have been over a long time ago." He ground between his teeth.

"But it is now. And I couldn't be happier." Yes I could. If I could tell him that he was going to be a father, that in a few months the moon goddess's gift to the world would be in his arms. But I couldn't tell him. I could never tell him.

His hands slowly drifted around me, one now draped across my shoulder as the other caressed my stomach. His ears twitched slightly, listening for something before whimpering softly, resting his head against my chest.

"So it's true, then." He murmured as a tear slid down my cheek, dropping apon his cheek.

He knew.

Why did he, how could he have-

"The doctors told me. Before now I refused to believe it." He started to tremble, a growl rumbling deep within his chest.

"Why the FUCK would they DO THIS!!" He bellowed, pushing away from me and pacing around the room.

"WHAT DID THEY HAVE AGAINST YOU. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO YOU. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING-"

"Rollayne, I did!"He became silent, turning slowly to face me in disbelief.

"The..the Luna wasn't pleased with her meal, and came to find a chef to punish for it." I took a shuddering breath.

"Her hands were around my neck, while my own held a butcher knife...and I did what needed to be done. Alpha Janos... He could never forgive anyone for letting her in the kitchen, but it was me he hated most. The ones who hurt me were favored, those who came with my blood on their hands... I was the reason the pack had lost their Luna. And now I am one." His snarl rung through my ears, and I almost cried in fear. Here it comes.

"They blamed that on you? Those idiots should've protected you, should've stopped their Luna. That was their own damn fault." Even though I didn't care about it anymore, it was nice that he had felt the need to comfort me. I looked at him as if he had swallowed a kitten.

"I freaking killed her, Rollayne... can you imagine how horrible it must have been for Alpha Janos, his mate dead? I can't help but feel horrible about it." I hiccuped.

"S-sorry. I can't really c-hic!-control my emotions at the moment." Rollayne sat next to me, arms folding around my torso, dragging me closer to him.

"If anything, I should be apologising, sweetheart."Woah.. baby names?

"What did you do..." He laughed huskily in my ear, making my body stiffen.

"I'm planning ahead, babe. Because for the next few months, you're not leaving my side..."

--🐺--

(Three weeks later)

He wasn't kidding. If it was either to see a friend or take a piss, he was no more than five feet away at all times, preferring to hold me against him with each step we(the royal we, seeing as he basically carried me everywhere)took. Speaking of which...

I woke up with my knees curled against my chest, arms squashed beneath them. Rollayne had his hands wrapped around my balled up figure like a viper,crushing me to his chest, his entire body curling around me.

I woke up like this every morning, knowing not to stretch my legs. If I did that, he would move on to the plank position, unconsciously nibbling my mark. Then doing it while awake.

Maybe I should stretch my legs.

Before I could decide, Rollayne stirred, sitting up and stretching, before pulling me into a sitting position.

"Good morning, sweetheart." He murmured in my ear, then nibbling on it. He woke up like this a lot as well.

"How old are you, captain early-bird-special?" I groaned, doing a few morning calisthenics of my own.

"Hmm... by next month? About 742." 

Oh.

OH.

"Jesus. You're not a wolf, you're a bear. A pedo-bear." I mumbled under my breath.

"That would explain my maturity. And this body? You can't get muscles like these overnight, Sweetheart." Sweetheart, sweetheart, sweetheart. All I had heard for over a month was that stupid pet name.

"Are you sure? As for abs, I've seen better." I chirp, leaping for the door.

Too late, Rollayne grabbed my fleeting waist, pulling me onto his lap.

"Are you sure about that?" He growled, muscles rippling.

Ignoring the minor earthquake, I shook my head 'yes' nonchalantly. He snarled, and before I could blink, he pinned me against the mattress.

" I think you're lying, Alyx," his anger turned into lust faster than I could blink, from roar to purr.

"And I'm about to prove that theory."

And, in that one moment, I knew.

In all the stories I've heard before, no happy ending has ever been as perfect as this. For the end...was just the beginning.

((:)) And... cut! It may be short, but that's a wrap people!

Of course, after the epilogue... hehe...((:))