Chapter 8: Hot n' Cold

Alyx's P.O.V

All rights reserved.

His eyes were their usual bright silver, gold flecks in the irises as he basically mauled me. They stayed locked with my own as he kissed down my cheek, my neck, my breast...

I couldn't move at all as he made his way to the hen of my shirt, grabbing it between his teeth teasingly.

"Y'know," I whispered, voice leaving me.

"Your eyes are usually black when this happens." I doubt he even heard me, his hand sliding from my wrists to my shoulders to my hips. His fingers ducked just under the hem, tracing up to my bra lining. His head was resting now on my chest, back rising and falling as he panted heavily.

"Oh really," he murmured under his breath. He looked up at me, the eyes of a wolf in place of his own.

"Will these do?" Letting my arms fall limp, my back slid across the wall until my face was even with his.

"They'll do just fine," I whispered. He snarled, slamming his lips back apron my own.

His hands grasped the middle of my shirt tightly, basically pulling it off my chest.

And then he ripped it.

 I gasped, pulling away ever so slightly to see the torn sweater on the floor. I wasn't given much time to mourn it, seeing as my mark was burning, Rollayne attacking my collarbone.

"I liked that shirt-!"

"I'll get a new one."

And with that, he picked me up in his arms and ran for the bed.

                                                                                               ¥

I woke up with my head weighing on a warm chest, arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

We had done it.

Me and him, we...

By goddess, I'd never felt so happy before.

I don't know how, but I felt this feeling, almost like I was...complete. I had found someone. And those people back home thought I couldn't do it. I just...goddess.

Pushing myself into a sitting position, my eyes met the silver ones of

"Rollayne," I laughed, my heart feeling light.

"We actually-"

"You're not a virgin," He growled, crawling out of bed. My smile disappeared as he pulled on his clothes, never turning back to me. Did I do something?

"Rollayne, what do you mea-"

"YOU, BY GOD I WASN'T YOUR FIRST!!" He bellowed, turning back to me like I was a con artist.

"I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR FIRST, LAST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN, BUT YOU JUST FELT LIKE WHORING AROUND WITH EVERYONE IN YOUR OLD PACK, DIDN'T YOU!?" I scooted to the other edge of the bed, mood darkening.

"Like you kept yours," I spat in anger.

"I DID!! UNLIKE YOU, I KEPT MYSELF FOR MY MATE NO MATTER HOW MANY WOMEN THREW THEMSELVES MY WAY!! NO MATTER HOW MANE OF THEM BEGGED AND SEDUCED AND PUSHED, YOU WERE MY FIRST!! WHILE YOU WERE BEHAVING LIKE A LITTLE SLUT I ACTUALLY SAVED MYSELF FOR YOU!!" Before I could even think of my actions, my palm connected with his cheek.

"DO YOU THINK I HAD A CHOICE!?" I screamed, slapping him again and again, anger from all those horrible years seeping through.

"DO YOU THINK I WANTED MEN TO DECIDE I WOULD DO TO SUIT THEIR NEEDS, TO TAKE EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED TO KEEP NO MATTER HOW MUCH AS I BEGGED OR PLEADED OR SCREAMED!? DO YOU THINK I WANTED TO HAVE TO LIE AWAKE EACH AND EVERY NIGHT IN FEAR OF THEM FINDING ME AGAIN BEFORE I PASSED OUT FROM EXHAUSTION!? I PROMISED TO NEVER GIVE IN WILLINGLY, BECAUSE I WAS SCARED OF THE THINGS THEY HAD DONE, SCARRED AND BROKEN BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T KEEP IT IN THEIR PANTS FOR ONE MINUTE!?!" My lungs were crying for relief as I continued, eyes never leaving those of Rollayne.

"BUT I DID ANYWAY!! I FACED MY WORST FEAR FOR YOU, BECAUSE, BECAUSE I LOVED YOU!!" I sobbed, tears now falling freely. And I think I meant it. I have never felt anything this strong in all of my life, and it was for him.

"AND YOUR UPSET, BECAUSE PEOPLE FORCED ME TO DO SOMETHING!?!" I pounded on his chest with my tiny fists. For some reason he stayed still, emotionless, expressionless as I tried to pull a reaction from him.

"DO SOMETHING, YOU ASS!" I yelled in his face.

"YELL, SCREAM, FOR THE LOVE OF GODDESS JU-" before I could finish, he pulled me to his figure, trying to comfort me as I sobbed.

"My mate was taken from me," He whispered softly into my hair.

"But I'm right here," I whispered.

"They hurt you, touched you, changed you," His arms tightened around me as he sat down on the bed in his jeans and tee.

Suddenly, for some reason, I was feeling very under-dressed.

He jumped from the bed, snarling as I pulled the sheets around me. With a quick kiss to my forehead, he ran to the door.

"W-where are you going?" He turned back to me, irises now a shining gold.

"I may not be able to undo their mistakes, but I'll sure as hell punish 'em for it."

                                                                                 *

It had been four weeks.

Four weeks since he had left.

Four weeks since we had mated.

And, according to the pack doctor, 4 weeks since I made a child.

                                                               (5 hours earlier)

"Man, I need to start eating less," I murmured, rubbing the small circle of fat in my stomach.

"I'm like a balloon." Somebody knocked softly on the door.

"Alyx? It's me, and I'm very bored." Roxen called.

"Come in!" I yelled, jumping from the bed. Bad idea.

"Oh god, Roxen!" I called to the girl, now in the room.

"I'm gonna throw up!" Her look of happiness morphed into one of fear so quick I could barely see it happen.

"Bathroom, BATHROOM, BATHROOM NOW!!" She screamed, running faster than a cheetah.

Roxen was pulling my hair back from my face as I leaned into the toilet, everything and the mailman emptying into the white bowl.

"Don't worry, Jacksonne's getting the pack doctor," She assured. 

"Don't remind me," I groaned. Since the incident, Jacksonne had given me the cold shoulder, if wolves even had them. I don't remember talking to him once since then.

"Okay, luna this is going to be a quick and easy test. I need you to pee on five of these," the pack doctor handed me a box of blue and white markers.

"If that isn't it, things are going to be a little more complicated," she murmured.

So I did as she said.

And we waited,

                              waiting for an eternity...

So long I didn't know what we were waiting for anymore.

"Congratulations, Luna," she told us, finally,

"You're pregnant with the alpha's heir."

                                                                                               *         

So I sat with a bucket in between my legs and nausea in my stomach. What would Rollayne do if he found out? I wasn't killing this baby, I would rather die. I would rather go through all of it again than do that to another soul.

Little did I know, I was about to go through much worse...