Chapter 9: On the Road Again

Alyx's P.O.V

All rights reserved.

5 Weeks along. Wolf pregnancies last three months.

Already I've started to develop a slight bump in my stomach, and apparently all arms and legs have developed. My baby is ready to be born, and soon.

My baby.

I was going to be a mother soon, by goddess, I was going to be a mother!

Dragging myself off the bed, I waddled out the door. I needed to find Rollayne, to tell him myself.

The hallway was empty, not a person in sight as far down the hall as I looked. Except...

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked what seemed to be the only person on the floor. He was tall, at least 6 inches taller than me, and strangely familiar...

"Do you know where Alpha Rollayne is?" He nodded.

"Oh, good, where?"Laughed darkly, he grabbed my arm before I could protest.

"Nowhere close to here," He rasped. My heart froze in place as I heard his voice.

I knew that voice.

"What, been here so long that you don't remember me?" Enforcer Richard laughed, dragging me down the halls.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!" I screeched, clawing at his arms.

"Ah, so nice to be known," He murmured nonchalantly.

"They thought leaving you here would mean it was safe," He scoffed, kicking open the exit door.

"If your pack is at war to avenge you, then we've already won..."

                                                                                        *

"LET ME GO! LET GO OF ME YOU OVERGROWN POODLE!" I screamed as he shoved me into the back of a grey prison truck.

A familiar pain erupted in my cheek, head swerving. I hadn't been slapped since-

"Did you forget who you were, BITCH?" He snarled, pulling the doors shut behind him.

"HEY, WE GOT HER! GET US OUTTA HERE!!" My failed attempts to open the door were drowned out by his screaming as through the small barred window, I saw my world disappear behind us.

A burning rope was wrapped tightly around my wrists, secured to the window's thick bars.

"Why?" My voice was almost silent, but he seemed to hear it, turning to me.

"Why couldn't you just leave me be? What have I ever done to you?" I cried.

"I don't think you understand," He laughed, grabbing me by my neck.

"Your mate is the strongest Alpha existing right now. To take him out, we would be unstoppable. And the best way to kill a wolf," my vision started to go fuzzy around the edges. Air, I needed air-

"Is to destroy his mate." As everything slipped into darkness, the last thing I remember was Enforcer Richard's cruel cheers of victory.

                                                                                             *

Everything was on fire. My old pack's ballroom was engulfed in flames, from the tables to the doorways to the...people. The disturbing thing was, nobody seemed to notice. They danced across the floor, completely unaware as they laughed and talked carelessly, not noticing as their comrades burned into a husk, some people dancing and talking even then. I was the only one to notice, pouring water on them and ignoring their protests.