Chapter two: I kept my name

Alyx's P.O.V

All rights reserved.

Alpha Rollayne left the second after he found me, at least half of the people there following. At least half of them were dragging human mates along with them, joined by the hip. The rest had wolf mates with them, walking hand in hand.

Alpha Rollayne? He was carrying me, bridal style to their transport, face buried in my hair. I had wrapped my arms around his neck long ago, fearing I would fall, hid my face in his chest fearing the world beyond the pack house.

Mated wolves walked the streets around us, marvelling at the sight. It must have been something to behold, thousands of wolves walking the streets with their one and only in the snow.

I shivered, brushing thousands of the miniscule white flakes off of my arms. Alpha Rollayne suddenly shifted me in his arms, pulling of his black jacket. I stayed silent as he draped it over my figure, unknowingly curling into it. Compared to the frigid winter air, his jacket was like a sauna, oozing warmth.

"You know," Alpha Rollayne mused, as I wrapped the jacket tighter around me.

"I never caught your name." Despite his question, I didn't answer. At least, not the way he was thinking.

"Once the mate is found, if human, the male chooses her name." I murmured. He seemed shocked I had mentioned this,posture stiffening.

"What was your name?" I was quiet a moment before answering.

"It was Alyx, Alpha."

"Do you wish to keep that name?" My mood went sour quick as he asked that question.

"Not to be disrespectful, Alpha, but does it really matter what I want?" He growled lowly in my ear, making me flinch.

"Of course it does, mate. Would you rather have a different name?" I pondered his question for a moment.

"I like Alyx. My mother was allowed to choose. The alpha got mad about it's meaning and killed her soon after." My voice was even as I told him this, maybe even emotionless. It happened every day.

"What does it mean?" He asked, surprising me. Not many people did when I told them my story.

"Defender of mankind." I whispered.

"And he killed her." I nodded into his chest.

"He tried to start a fire with her neck," I murmured, my hands performing a snapping motion. He was silent the rest of the walk.

¥

He sat down carefully into the window seat of the plane, face emotionless as he held me me in his lap. He seemed like a quiet, powerful man. Given, he was a god, but I was still cautious no matter how my body reacted to his.

I yelped in surprise as a low rumble sounded deep within the plane, sending us forward ever so slowly. Alpha Rollayne chuckled at this, tucking his face into my neck.

"It's just a plane, Alyx. They're even safer than a car." He murmured, finding the conjunction of my neck and shoulder, then nipping it. I gasped out of shock, trying to push his head away.

Instead, he nuzzled further in, kissing and licking it from time to time. My senses were going into overdrive, everything too much. Too hot, too close, to AFFECTIONATE...