Chapter 5:Deck the halls with boughs of wolfsbane

Alyx's P.O.V

Disclaimer:I know it's not even close to Christmas, but I feel the need to add this in. DON'T JUDGE ME, YOU SCROOGES

All rights reserved.

I tried to be quiet.

But no, Alpha Rollayne's mother must know everything.

How was your day? It was fine, thank you.

What did you used to be? A cook, in the Silver Cresent pack.

When will I be expecting grandchildren?

before I could answer that one, Alpha Rollayne cut in.

"Very, very soon," he murmured, kissing the back of my neck. His mother laughed at this, immediately replying in a teasing voice;

"Well I didn't ask you, did I?" Alpha Rollayne growled playfully, hugging me closer to his chest. Laughing, she turned her attention back to me.

"Well?" My face heated up at her expecting look, chest tightening.

"I could only guess, miss-" She cut me off almost immediately, smiling with glee.

"Oh you MUST call me Barbra, dear." I nodded carefully.

"Yes, Miss Barbra." She laughed even louder, her gaze back to Alpha Rollayne.

"Who knew you would have such a polite mate, Rollayne!" She squealed.

"I certainly didn't," he joked, but there was something tense in his voice as he spoke. As if she had never noticed, she continued.

"Well, it's a good thing you have to be with the pack for a few hours today, because me and her have a lot of work to do," she giggled, reaching for something in her purse. Pulling out her phone, she turned to me. AGAIN.

"What size are you, dear?" She asked, much to my confusion.

"What do you mean, Miss Barbra?" Alpha Rollayne tensed behind me, grip tightening.

"Oh, I'll have to guess," she murmured, typing something into her phone. I turned to my mate, question in my features.

"Didn't you know, mate?" He murmured, thoughts elsewhere.

"Today's Christmas Eve."

                                                                                           ¥

Miss Barbra had pulled me to something called a 'store', which apparently means synonym for Hell.

You had to grab scratchy clothes, try on the scratchy clothes, pith them back, and try on even SCRATCHIER ones. And you had to decide if you liked them or not.

Only five shirts and three pants didn't feel like a monster clawing at my skin, so we bought those. Oh, and get this. You had to give them slips of GREEN PAPER so you could keep them.

"Now, we have to get presents for Rollayne," she murmured, pulling me into another hellhole, something about Secrets for Victoria.

(One hour later)

Never again.

EVER.

I spent the rest of our 'spree' distracting her with other stores, anything to keep her from going back to Victoria's secret.

"Oh, just stay here and get some food while I go and get something!"  She huffed, shoving fifty dollars into my palm, then walking away.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," I murmured to myself, walking into a random store. I had heard that for Christmas, wolves get each other gifts. I had to get them something then, right? Alpha Rollayne and his mother were very kind, I have to get them something. But what... I knew nothing of their interests, other than the fact she likes to shop and he wants kids-