Chapter 1

~Iris~

I watched as my sister side stepped my future Beta, a smirk on her face. She had him right where she wanted him. She easily pinned him to the ground before knocking him out, a look of triumph on her face as she did a little happy dance.

I laughed, "Great job!"

"I finally beat your Beta! Sooner or later I'll be able to beat you." she grinned, hugging me.

I smiled, "We'll see about that, any luck on finding your mate?"

"No, I'm afraid to find him though. Mona's mate was killed by a rogue and Jason...well..." she trailed off, a look of fear and pity in her eyes.

I shrugged, "That was two years ago, I'm not really in the depressed boat anymore."

"Have him and Katie...married?"

"No, they broke up. I knew they wouldn't last and Katie's mate rejected her." I grinned. "Slut deserves it."

"Who was her mate again?"

"My Gamma."

"Oh, good for Ryan. She always treated him like complete crap anyways. Plus, he loves Mona."

"I'm glad Mona finally has another guy in her life though, how long has it been since Gavin died?"

"A year."

I remember it like it was yesterday and it's not a great memory. My father and mother were also killed during that attack and I've hated rogues ever since. We didn't even see them coming, they haven't bothered us for months and so my father let his guard down. It wasn't the greatest move he made, clearly, but I wish I knew sooner. Those disgusting wolves attacked our patrols and killed four of them, Gavin included. Luckily, we killed them off but it wasn't easy.

My mother was weak from the werewolf flu that was going around during the month before and a rogue went after her. He knew she was weak and that she couldn't fight as well, but goddess she tried. My father was shocked by her death and their leader took that as his opportunity to kill him. I didn't let the shock get to me and I killed their leader. After he was gone, the rogues didn't know what to do. They were too disorganized and looked at each other for the answer.

My pack took that as their opportunity and attacked them. We killed them all in less than a minute, only five of them survived. They were thrown into the cells where my guards and Beta took care of them. My younger sister, Sadie, had just shifted then. We were going to throw a celebration for her but those damn rogues murdered our parents.

I did eventually throw one for her, trying to cheer her up. She did smile for the first time since their deaths and that made my day. I took care of her after that, always making sure she was training, healthy, and happy. She loved training just as much as I did, which was great! We both trained like crazy people and easily beat every warrior in our pack. My Beta, Blake, has been a challenge for her but she easily defeated him today.

Speaking of Blake...

"Hey, dude, you alright?" I chuckled, helping him up.

He groaned, "Damn, Sadie, you know how to hit."

She smirked, "Well, that's what you get for messing with an Alpha wolf."

I rolled my eyes, "You're crazy, you know that?"

I took them both inside, ordering Blake to go to the infirmary to get his head wound checked out. I quickly made lunch for Sadie before walking into my office. Ryan was already there, reading a file. He snapped his head up and smiled.