Chapter 26

I woke up to the sound of someone slamming the door, the sound echoing throughout the whole house. My heart started to beat quicker as Achilles' very irritated voice sounded. I was completely frozen, frightened of what he's going to do. I searched through my mind for why he would be pissed off at me when I remembered I blocked the mate-bond. I swallowed, shit.

He stormed into the bedroom, his eyes slightly darker and filled with anger. He slammed the door shut and folded his arms across his chest, glaring at me. "Why did you block our mate-bond? I came here thinking something was horribly wrong, but nothing was wrong. You just decided to fucking block it for no reason!" he snapped.

I pursed my lips before answering, "Mona and-

"Oh, here we go with the Mona and Sierra shit again! They haven't been home all day! Their mates told me!" he growled, throwing his hands up in the air.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "No, they were here!"

"Listen, Iris, I don't have time for this bullshit. Thanks to you and your whatever it is problem, I had to cancel a meeting with a new Alpha. Let me tell you, he wasn't exactly happy about it and I highly doubt we can be allies now." he spat.

"Allies?"

"Yeah, I gave him the unused territory. I was going to use it, but I had no use for it. Now he's moving his pack there because of something that happened in Texas. Yet, now we're probably going to be a little annoying to each other because someone just had to block the mate-bond!"

I stared at him, his eyes were black and his fur started to show on his body. I swallowed, slightly afraid of him. "Achilles, you need to calm down and let me speak." I said calmly, trying my hardest to help him relax without touching him.

He pinched the bridge of my nose, "Just tell me the fucking reason, Iris."

"Fine, if you must know, Mona and Sierra told me that you kissed Mona. Then they proceeded to start saying things about me and so on, saying how no one could love me. I got upset and-

"Blocked the mate-bond because you're so fucking paranoid." Achilles cut me off, glaring at me.

I kept quiet, is this the cruel and heartless Achilles everyone talked about? All I'm seeing is an asshole who likes to listen to himself speak than his mate. I folded my arms across my chest and narrowed my eyes, starting to get annoyed with him. Doesn't he listen?

"Achill-

"You're pathetic, Iris! You truly are! Blocking the mate-bond because of something two whores said? So, you would believe some jealous bitch than wait for me to come home or call me right then and there? Honestly, Iris, you're just...I don't even know."

Those words cut through me life a knife, causing me to look down. I held back my tears though and glared at him, "You can't blame me! I've already been cheated on-

"BY SOME PUP! MY GOD, IRIS, GROW UP AND GET OVER IT!" he shouted, his canines showing.

I couldn't help but whimper as he snarled at me, making me move further away from him.

"Thanks to you, I'm not on good terms with this fucking Alpha who's known for murdering other packs because he doesn't like their Alpha or Luna! So, thanks a whole lot!" he snarled loudly.

I swallowed, "Achilles, I didn't mean-

"Yes you did! You meant everything you did because you're paranoid, because you can't just accept it and move on. No, I didn't do anything with any other she-wolf. It's great to see how much you actually trust me!" he snapped.