Chapter 17

Achilles continued to glare at me, "Why do you want me to leave?" he snapped.

I rolled my eyes, "I feel wrong for keeping you away from your pack!"

He stared at me in stunned silence, he then sighed. "I'm sorry, okay? You're not keeping me from my pack, if there is a problem then I'll go over and take care of it. As of right now, there isn't an issue."

"Except for your mother. I know she wasn't the greatest of moms-

"Here we go." he groaned.

I growled, warning him. He only scowled at me, but didn't say another word. "She wasn't the greatest of moms, but don't you think you're being a little too hard on her? Sure, she got drunk a lot, but compared to what I heard happen to Veloces, she isn't that bad. Goddess, you're being an ass for not giving her a chance to fix herself. She wanted to come, visit, and be the mother she knows she should have been. Yet, you push her away because of one mistake." I explained.

He rolled his eyes, he then laughed. It wasn't the kind of laugh that I was used to, no, it was a cold and dark laugh. As if he were mocking me for being stupid. His black eyes held such anger in them that I started to take a few steps back, my heart hammering against my chest. His canines were fully out and his claws, making Achilles seem threatening. I gulped, my eyes wide as he slowly walked towards me as if I were his prey. My wolf whined for her mate to stop doing this, but I knew he was far gone.

I kept backing up until I was against the counter top, shaking like a leaf. "You're so stupid." he spat, his voice deep and laced with rage. "That bitch is nothing but a whore who sleeps around with every damn male wolf!"

He placed his hands on the counter-top, trapping me in with his body. I looked up at him, pleading with my eyes for him to stop this. However, he continued to just glare at me, his eyes cold and hard. He roughly grabbed my jaw, "I will not be told what to do by some she-wolf who thinks everyone has good in them. Well, sorry to burst your bubble, not everybody is good, babe." he snarled.

I swallowed and yanked my face away from him, my own anger rising. I shook my head, tears pricking my eyes as the pain from him squeezing my jaw so hard was starting to bother me. I clenched my jaw, but that action sent a whole wave of pain through it. Did he break my jaw?

I slowly worked my jaw, nope, he didn't break it. Probably just bruised it, eh, I can deal. I focused on Achilles now, panic, fear, anger all coursing through my body. "I'm guessing you aren't either." I growled lowly.

His eyes widened, "Why would you think that?"

His voice was now screaming out a warning, that he was beyond pissed off now. I didn't stop running my mouth though, because there was no reason. If he wants to kill me, then so be it. That would be way better than him getting so angry that he rejects me.

"Well, you look as if you want to kill me right now and you most likely bruised my jaw. Asshole." I barked.

He tilted his head, his eyes still black. That anger didn't leave, it stayed as he glowered at me. "You are blind, aren't you? Blind to the fact that everyone has a dark side, including you, idiot!" he snarled loudly.

He then laughed again, amusement now in it. "I mean, it's funny how you followed that Jason kid around like a kicked puppy. Trying to get him to stay with you, you ignored all those warning signs that he was nothing but a man whore! You were so blinded by your fucking love for him! I bet you were even thinking of him during your parents' funeral, wishing he was-

"STOP IT!" I screamed, shoving him so hard that he fell backwards and broke the table.

Tears were now running down my face as he groaned, grabbing his head. He then looked at me, he blinked a few times before he finally focused on me. His eyes were now a dark shade of blue, showing that he was starting to calm down. Once he saw my tear stained face guilt filled his eyes, he got up and tried hugging me but I pushed him away and sprinted upstairs.

I slammed the door shut and threw myself onto the bed, crying. My tears soaked the sheets beneath me, but I didn't care. Why did he have to bring up my parents and Jason? Why? Is this what that cruel and dangerous Achilles does? Bring up things that he knows will hurt you? I dug my nails into the sheets, my sobs now shaking my body.

I could hear someone open the door then close it, they then sat on the bed. By the scent I could tell it was Sadie; she gently rubbed circles on my back.

"Calm down, Iris." she whispered soothingly. "You're okay."

I slowly sat up and looked at her, her eyes showing nothing. I tried speaking, but then I broke down again and fell onto her. She hugged me, telling me over and over again that it's okay. That everything will turn out just fine.

"Is she okay?" Achilles' voice suddenly sounded.

I noticed how broken it sounded, but I pushed that away. I looked up and glared at him, refusing to acknowledge the pain in his face. He opened his mouth to say something, but I quickly cut him off.

"You know, I thought you were different from Jason. I was wrong, you're not! Both of you just love to remind me of my parents! Why? Why do you have to mention things that you know will only hurt me? Why?" I cried out. "You're an asshole! I fucking hate you!"

He clenched his jaw and looked down, nodding. "I'm sorry." he whispered before turning and leaving.

Sadie frowned and looked at me, "Iris-

"I want to be alone, can you please leave?" I whispered, my voice begging her.

She wanted to argue, I knew she did, but she knew not to when I'm like this. She hugged me once more before getting up and leaving. She closed the door quietly and I quickly locked it, I then slumped to the floor. Tears raced down my cheeks slowly, why do I always screw things up?

Achilles' POV

I shifted and sprinted through the forest, she doesn't want me there. I let my wolf take control and I hurt her, I always do this. I always hurt the ones I love because of my fucking anger for my mother! I crossed the borders into my pack's territory, ignoring all my warriors. Reese tried mind-linking me, but I snapped at him. Telling him to back off and he did. He stopped and watched me with confused and worried eyes, but I only continued running. I shifted and stormed into the packhouse, ignoring the bitch who called herself my mother.

She grabbed my elbow, trying to pull me back but I yanked it away from her. I turned and glared at her, "Are you happy now?" I spat. "I'm home."

She frowned, "Achilles, what-

"Thanks to you, I lost my second chance mate!" I yelled before running to my room.

"It's not your mother's fault, Achilles. You're the one who snapped at her." my wolf pointed out.

"You're right, it isn't my mother's fault, it's yours! You didn't have to say any of that, you should have given me control! All she was trying to do was help us, but you decided to be an ass!" I snarled.

"I'm sorry, I lost my temper!"

"Well, now we lost our mate, happy?"

I laid on my bed and closed my eyes, silent tears leaking from my eyes.

Author's note:...uh oh...