Chapter 13

We arrived at the beach house during the noon time and all of us were tired. Achilles grabbed the bags, refusing to allow me to carry them in. After thirty minutes of arguing I grabbed some bags and brought them in with a grumbling Achilles behind me. I also made Sadie grab the rest of them, since she wanted to bring twenty of them. I placed the bags down in the master bedroom where my parents used to stay, the thought of being in here made it slightly upsetting.

Achilles walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my neck. "Are you okay?" he whispered.

I smiled and leaned against him, "Yeah, just remembering my parents."

A sad look crossed his eyes as he kissed me, "I'm sorry for what those rogues did." he mumbled.

"You don't have to apologize, not like you knew about it." I sighed, looking at him.

I could see guilt in his eyes, but why? I shrugged it off though and started to unpack, needing to get my mind off my parents. Once I was finished I asked Achilles if we could go for a walk on the beach, he was hesitant at first, but then agreed. I smiled and hugged him, telling him to stop acting guilty over something that wasn't his fault.

"But I could have stopped it." he whispered.

I frowned, "Achilles, we didn't even know we were second chance mates then. You were with your pack, you wouldn't have known until morning. By then, it would have been too late."

"I know, but-

"No, no more of you blaming yourself. You didn't know it was going to happen, you didn't even know me, and you couldn't have done anything. Now, relax. We're at the beach and that's why we're here, to relax."

I could tell he wanted to argue, but he kept his mouth shut and followed me out. I asked Sadie if she wanted to come, but she was out cold on her bed. I left a note on her phone and locked up the house, not wanting the doors to be wide open while she's unaware of anything.

Achilles and I held hands as we walked towards the beach entrance, talking about normal things. He told me about Sadie beating the shit out of Catherine, a smile was evident on my face. I was glad Sadie hated her, goddess, if Sadie was best friends with Catherine then my life would have been hell. We walked for a while, walking through the gentle waves as they washed over our feet. Achilles carefully dodged the rogue topic and anything about my parents, which had me slightly uneasy. My wolf wanted to know why he was acting as if it was his fault, but I would tell her it's because of him being my mate.

Mates don't want each other being in pain, physical or emotional. I told myself that, that is why Achilles is feeling so bad. Even though, deep down, a part of me was telling me there was more to it than just that. I smiled though, deciding not to worry about it. My parents are gone now, there's nothing I can do or he could do, that's in the past. It's time to focus on the future, no matter how much I miss my parents, I need to focus on the future ahead of me.

After an hour or so we turned and started to walk back to the house, the sun slowly dipping behind the clouds. When we finally reached the beach house Sadie was wide awake and watching TV, the sky was a dark blue now as Achilles decided what we were going to eat. I tackled Sadie, causing her to growl and tackle me back.

"Really?"

We both looked up to see a scowling Achilles, his arms folded across his chest. I smiled, "It's a sister thing."

He then smirked, "Well, if that's the case, then.."

He quickly grabbed us and threw all three of us onto the couch, laughing when Sadie and I tackled him. I then grinned, mind-linking Sadie to start tickling him. He was laughing and trying to shove us off, but we weren't having it.

"I'm sorry!" he laughed.

I grinned and leaned down, "You are?" I asked.

He looked at me and kissed me, "Yes."

"Ew! Get a damn room! There's about six of them here, chose one!" Sadie said, acting grossed out.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, when you get your mate I am so going to tease you."

She stuck her tongue out at me before plopping herself down at the table, "So, what are we having?"

"Not sure, I was thinking ribs." Achilles chirped.

I nodded, "Ribs sound really good right now."

We ended up going out to dinner to some rib place; Achilles told me ribs take four hours to cook if you want them done right. Sadie and I agreed to go out, we just wanted food. It was nice, Achilles and I would tease Sadie when she looked at all the male workers. I laughed as she blushed, her whole face red. She quickly hid it as our server walked up and placed the ribs on the table.

When he was gone she looked back up, giving Achilles and I a glare. Achilles chuckled, "Someone's angry."

"You think?" she growled.

He only laughed harder before grabbing a rib, "Karma is a bitch." he said, taking a bite.

The rest of the weekend went by way too fast, but it was nice. We stayed on the beach for hours on Saturday and for most of the morning Sunday. Sadie ended up getting a sunburn on her back, but Achilles and I ended up tan. On the drive home she kept complaining about our father giving her his Scottish genes while I got the Italian genes. Achilles would only smirk and tell us he's part Italian and Spanish, but he does have German in him. Sadie would then proceed to glare at him, telling him he got the ones that are always tan.

"I don't think every German gets tan." he argued back.

"Yes, they do." She retorted.

I laughed, "Sadie, Martha is pure German and she's paler than you."

"Shut up."

I laughed and sighed, leaning back against the passenger seat. Achilles looked at me before smiling, "I'm guessing you had a good time?" he asked, looking back at the road.

I nodded, "Yeah, I needed that, thank you."

"Anything for my queen."

He quickly kissed me as we stopped at a red light, then continued driving when it turned green. We reached the packhouse by ten at night and goddess were we tired. Blake and Ryan ended up taking most of the bags in, once Achilles laid on the bed he was out like a light. I smiled, he's adorable when he sleeps. I got changed and then hopped in, making sure I put the blankets over him too. I turned off the light and laid down, smiling when I felt Achilles wrap his arms around me.

He kissed my temple, "Good night, love."

"Good night, babe." I grinned.

He growled slightly, pressing himself against me. I snapped my eyes open at his excitement, "Really? Already?"

"Hey, I'm an Alpha male, can't blame me when I have a sexy mate."

I laughed and rolled on top of him, grinding into him a little bit. "Do you love me?" I whispered, kissing his neck.

He let out a moan as I reached his mark, "Yes."

"Prove it." I challenged, looking into his black eyes.

A/N: Just a cute chapter, decided we could have a few cute chapters with them. Now, the next chapter is going to be interesting. I'm hoping the rest of the story is interesting.