Chapter 20

Achilles' POV

I slowly started to wake up, but as soon as I could smell I froze. Why did I smell Iris' scent? I snapped my tired eyes open only to see Iris sleeping beside me. The sight of her made me both excited and worried, she looked terrible. She was thin, pale, and had dark circles under her eyes. I gently ran my thumb along her cheek, what the hell happened?

I carefully wrapped my arms around her, afraid she would vanish. I then pulled her close, kissing her temple and whispering "I'm sorry", over and over again. I rested my chin on her head, exhaustion trying to pull me under again. I tensed up as Iris stirred in my arms, letting out a groan. I swallowed and clenched my jaw, afraid of her reaction. I hurt her, I hurt her more than I can imagine. Not physically, thank the goddess, but emotionally. Either way, I still hurt my mate. Her eyes fluttered open, revealing those beautiful green eyes that I've missed for the past week. She furrowed her eyebrows before realization entered her emerald orbs, tears formed in her eyes as she shot up.

She studied me as if I wasn't truly there, as if I was just a figment of her imagination. I smiled and gently ran my hand down her cheek, she closed her eyes and leaned against my hand. My wolf stirred a bit and howled for his mate. I leaned in and kissed her cute pink lips, earning a gasp from her. She then kissed me back, softly grabbing my face. We kissed for goddess knows how long, but we had to part so we could breathe. Her eyes were vulnerable, pleading with me to forgive her, but I already did.

I shouldn't have snapped at her the way I did, I should have controlled my wolf. She swallowed and looked down, tears falling from those beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry." she croaked.

I frowned, "Hey, look at me." I urged, gently grabbing her chin.

I noticed as she flinched, waiting for me to hit her or something. I felt my heart break, but I didn't let it stop me. I made her look at me, my own tears wanting to escape. Goddess, have I missed her.

"You did nothing wrong, you were only trying to help...but I snapped at you. I'm so, so sorry. I love you, you know that right?" I asked, hoping she does.

She hesitated, "I thought you wanted nothing to do with me. You didn't come back and I was too afraid to step into your territory. That and the previous reason."

I pulled her against me, kissing her non-stop. I took in her scent and ran my fingers through her hair, needing to let her know I love her. I would do anything for her, she has me wrapped around her finger. Even though I don't like admitting this, I'm whipped.

"So, you love me?" she murmured.

I smiled, "Yes, more than anything."

"I love you too."

She then broke down and cried into my shoulder, apologizing for getting into my business. I wanted to tell her to stop apologizing, but my wolf told me to let her. If it makes her feel better,then so be it. After hours of her crying and one soaked shoulder, she fell asleep again. Holding her in my arms helped me realize how thin she really is, she feels like nothing. I frowned, I need to get her to eat

"Uh, so do we. We haven't eaten in a week, you're going to fall down those stairs." my wolf sighed.

"True." I groaned.

I snapped my head up and growled as my mother walked in, she jumped a little. She stood there, completely frozen but when Iris shot up I yelped. She turned to face my mother, her eyes wide as she studied her.

"You're Achilles' mother." she stated, sounding calm.

I clenched my jaw, hopefully my mom doesn't hate her. My mother smiled and nodded, closing the door behind her. She hesitated, but eventually sat down on the sofa in my room. Iris watched her every move, alert, but also curious. I held her against me tightly, but Iris decided to pinch me for holding her tightly. I yelped again, scowling at her before rubbing my hip.