Chapter 4

~Iris~

"Iris."

"PSssttt Iris!"

"IRIS!"

"WHAT!?" I snapped, sitting up in my bed.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, exhuasted from the events that yesterday held. I opened my eyes to see Achilles looking at me. I almost screamed and slapped him.

"What are you doing in my room!?" I shrieked.

"Waking you up. Sadie told me to." he answered calmly, as if this is completely normal.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, except I sleep in a sports bra and my underwear. I narrowed my eyes and sighed. "Well, I'm up, so you can leave now. I need to get dressed." I yawned.

Achilles' eyes traveled from my eyes to my chest and then to my hands, that were currently holding the blanket over the rest of my body. He does not need to see that. He pursed his lips, a twinkle of amusement dancing in his eyes. He then smirked and sat on my floor.

"What are you doing?" I asked, crawling to the end of my bed.

He looked up, "Nothing."

"Achilles, get out."

"Nope."

I let out a frusterated sigh, "Are you always like this?"

"Yes."

I rolled my eyes and got up, I tried to run to the bathroom before he saw me, but a growl of approval stopped me. I turned to see his eyes black as he watched me, I swallowed and slammed the bathroom door shut. I let out a gasp, why is he acting like this? Why am I so...nervous around him? It's not the bad kind of nervous, but the nervous you get when you're around your crush. I had butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm around him and I feel drawn to him.

Not only that, but one slight touch and those sparks course through my body. The sparks I only felt with my first mate. I ran my hand through my hair, shaking these thoughts from my mind. I'm just being weird, there...there is nothing between us.

I quickly showered then got dressed, poking my head out of the bathroom. I was expecting him to be downstairs, but nope, he was laying on my bed as if he owned the damn thing. I scowled at him as I walked out, snatching a book from his hands. He looked up and grinned.

"Finally! Goddess, women take such long showers." he complained like an impatient child.

I rolled my eyes for the hundreth time this morning and placed the book on my nightstand. I then grabbed his wrist, ignoring the sparks, and dragged him downstairs. I knew he was letting me pull him, because I cannot force an Alpha like him downstairs. I walked into see Sadie cooking eggs, the scent making my stomach growl.

Achilles and I took our seats as we waited for my sister to serve the food. Even though I did attempt to help her, but she quickly told me to sit down. Achilles studied the kitchen before his eyes landed on the fork in front of him. I furrowed my eyebrows as he started twirling it, okay, he has to have ADHD.

"Bored?" I questioned, smirking a little.

He snapped his head and shoved the fork aside, a small blush forming on his cheeks. "No."

"Right." I chuckled.

"So, Iris, what are you doing later?" Sadie asked, placing our plates down.

I grabbed my fork, "A lot...pack stuff. I have four members joining, there were reported rogue attacks on the west side, and I have to deal with you know who's parents today." I sighed.