Chapter 19

I slept for the whole day and refused to eat anything, which prompted Sadie to have Blake and Ryan pin me down while she force feeds me. I hated her for it, but I knew she was just worried and wanted me to eat. After that they didn't come back in, they knew I wanted to be alone. I tend to get very nasty when I want to be alone and they don't leave, they learned their lessons a few times.

I wanted to see Achilles, but I would only put myself down. Telling myself that he no longer wants me; two days passed and he never came back. I started to become even more depressed, refusing to even talk to anyone. I swallowed my sobs and kept my emotions locked in, hoping I would just feel numb again. However, I only felt worse each day and it was killing me. Literally. My wolf and I can't even talk, she's so withdrawn that I can't feel her either. Rebecca told me that I won't be able to shift until I'm with Achilles again, that is why my wolf is disconnected from me. Achilles' wolf is most likely disconnected from him as well.

Second chance mates are usually closer than their first mates, because their wolves need their second chance mate. It's their last chance at having a mate love them and to be able to breed. Of course they could always fall in love with someone else who lost both mates, but until then their wolves would be dormant. The thought scared me, but I couldn't gather up the courage to see or even call Achilles.

Each day that passed I grew even more sad and tired, I would sleep almost all day and night. I hadn't had a good meal and didn't drink any water. All I've been doing is sleeping and showering, I do hate being smelly and filthy. I felt nothing but emptiness after a whole week went by, my heart aching for my mate. I tried talking to my wolf, but it was just an echo in my head. I would cry sometimes, but it go to the point that I didn't have energy nor the tears to cry. I would just lay there and stare into oblivion, blind to Rebecca or my sister trying to get me to talk to them.

They kept saying they needed to get Achilles, but Blake would only tell them it wasn't possible. The patrols won't listen to him or Ryan, they're blaming my whole pack for their Alpha's issue right now. I have no idea what that issue was, but I had a feeling he's the same as me right now. Even so, that voice in the back of my mind would repeat that Achilles doesn't love us. That he no longer cares and will most likely reject me. I mean, who wouldn't want to reject me? I'm worthless and stupid.

I snapped my eyes open when my phone started ringing, making my ears hurt. I wanted to not answer, but something was telling me to answer it. I reluctantly answered the phone, my voice hoarse and broken.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Luna?"

I froze as Reese's voice sounded, my eyes going wide. Why was Achilles' Beta calling me? I swallowed, "R-Reese?" I squeaked.

"Oh, thank goodness you're alive! Listen, I need you to come down here now. It's urgent."

"Why? What happened?" I questioned, my concern flooding me.

He sighed, "It's Achilles."

I felt as if my world shattered when he said his name, what happened? Guilt and dread filled me at once; I got changed and took off. I ran out of the house, ignoring my sister and Gamma's confused yells. I knew they were following me though, I could hear their paws hit the ground. I couldn't shift, sadly, but I still propelled myself forward. Sadie's wolf caught up first, but Blake's wolf and Ryan's wolf soon after. They were basically jogging while I was sprinting, which isn't good for someone who hasn't eaten anything in a week.

I felt dizzy, but the adrenaline kept my body going. I crossed the borders, the patrols would stop and look at me in astonishment. They then growled and tried attacking me, but Blake and Ryan would knock them out. I burst through the packhouse front doors, my vision blurred.

"Luna?"

I turned my head in the direction of Reese's voice, black dots spotting my vision. I felt myself falling and prepared to smack the hard ground, but it never came.

"Take her to Achilles, they need each other." a woman whispered. "I can't watch my son do this to himself anymore."

Son? Wait, was that Achilles' mother? I tried saying something, but it came out as a groan of pain. Reese scurried up some stairs and through some halls while I tried organizing my tornado of a mind. I could hear doors open and suddenly Achilles' scent hit my nose. I could feel my wolf stir within me, excitement bubbling in my chest.

"Rest." Reese ordered as he laid me down.

I tried opening my eyes, but soon I was falling into sleep's welcoming embrace.