Chapter 14

The next day hit me like a truck and I was anything but prepared for it; today was the Alpha meeting. We have to be there by twelve and I don't want to go, I don't want to deal with those sexist Alphas. I usually don't have a problem with men, but men who think they're above women are the ones I abhor. I want to bite them whenever they open up their mouths about us women being weak, well, clearly they've underestimated us. I'm a female Alpha and my pack is ranked the second strongest, right under Achilles' pack.

I trudged down the stairs as if my body weighed a ton, at the moment I felt like it did. Achilles gave me a disapproving look, a scowl was set on his face. We silently walked outside and got into the car, of course he was driving. I didn't mind though, it's probably a good idea anyways. If he allowed me to drive we either wouldn't have left or I would have driven to the end of the pack's land before turning around and coming back.

I stared out the window as Achilles drove us to the meeting, which was an hour away. I wanted to go back to bed and just sleep, not stress over a bunch of rude men. There are at least one or two Alphas that don't think I'm wrong, but Achilles' cousin isn't one of them. He was the big time leader in the "Females can't be Alphas" group, but I've always ignored him. Achilles knew to stay silent, he learned his lesson about arguing with me the last time. Let's just say, never bother me when I'm in a terrible mood.

When we finally reached the building that we would meet in my wolf and I let out a regretful growl. Achilles shot me a warning glance, telling me to not act so rude to the other Alphas. I only rolled my eyes, I've been to these before. I know what to do and what not to do. We walked into the cool building, ignoring the cold stares from a few werewolves.

Achilles had warned me that no one really likes him, they hate him and fear him. They hate him for the murders he's committed, but also hate him for making them fear him. I only shook my head at them, they call themselves Alphas? I wanted to scoff in their faces, Alphas stand strong and don't bow down to another Alpha. I can see why they would fear my mate, but to hide from him like cowards is completely piteous.

"Now, remember, do not act rude towards those men." Achilles whispered as we walked in.

Of course today isn't the real meeting, oh no, that's tomorrow. Which means we're staying the night, which also means torture for me. I stayed completely silent, ignoring the judging stares from the other men. I was stunned to see Alpha Veloces and a beautiful she-wolf by his side, her eyes meeting mine.

I forced a smile, feeling uncomfortable with all of their stares. Achilles wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close, helping me to relax. Veloces and the woman walked over to us, kind smiles on their faces. Veloces seemed exhausted though, bags under his eyes and his skin very pale. The she-wolf standing beside him refused to hold his hand, anger evident in her black eyes. I was hesitant to speak, but after multiple pokes from Achilles I greeted them.

The she-wolf introduced herself as Vanessa, her hands placed on her stomach. I smiled, "You must be excited." I chirped.

She grinned, her eyes lighting up a bit and less black. "Yeah, but I feel like I'm the only one." she sighed.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why?"

She glanced at Veloces, glowering at him before focusing on me. "He's barely paying any attention to the baby stuff. I know he's going through a rough time, but focusing on our future pup is a great way to get his mind off things. The rogue attacks have calmed down some what." she explained.

I smiled, "You two will figure it out."

"I hope so." she whispered, a small smile on her face.

As they walked away to talk to other Alphas Achilles returned to me. I sighed, placing my hand in his. "I don't like this." I grumbled.

He frowned, "I know baby, but we have to do it. Trust me, I'd rather be in bed with you..."

I chuckled, "Perv."

"Oh, you love me."

I rolled my eyes at him, ready to answer back when someone's obnoxious voice sounded. I scowled as Alpha Tyrone walked over, a cocky grin smothered on his face. His hazel eyes were gleaming with amusement as he stopped in front of us.

"So, Alpha Achilles, you're the one to tame this whore?" he inquired.

Achilles clenched his jaw, his eyes started to sparkle with annoyance and anger. "I haven't tamed her, Alpha Tyrone. I'm only her mate, and I can assure you she is not a whore. Your multiple mistresses, however, are." he retorted.

Tyrone gave him a dirty look, his distaste of Achilles' words were obvious. "I wouldn't push your luck with me, kid. She's a whore and you know it, you're probably only using her for a good fuck."

I placed my hand on Achilles' chest, calming him down. I then smiled sweetly at Tyrone, "I am his mate, Alpha Tyrone. I bare his mark, but I know for fact that I'm a way better fuck than those sluts you sleep around with. I mean, it's common sense that a hot Alpha who knows how to be an Alpha would get a better woman than the Alpha who's too full of himself to actually search for his mate would get the female Alpha that knows how to lead a pack. Tell me, do any of those whores look like good enough she-wolves to lead a pack beside her mate?"

He clenched his jaw and glared at me, but I didn't even flinch. I stared him straight in the eye, challenging him to hit me. Everyone in the room fell silent, watching us with anxious stares. Tyrone narrowed his eyes and raised his fist, the anger radiating off of him. I stopped Achilles as I saw him start to move, this was my fight.

As his fist came down I swiftly grabbed it, I kept on squeezing it until he on his knees, begging for mercy. I then grinned and let go, noticing the bone sticking out. It was gruesome sight, but a bastard like him deserves it. I knelt in front of him, grinning.

"Did you learn your lesson, Alpha Tyrone?" I whispered, roughly grabbing his jaw.

He winced, "Yes, Alpha Iris."

"Good, remember it." I spat before knocking him out.

I then brushed off my hands and sighed, "Well, that was fun." I chirped, spinning around gleefully.

I signed my name to show that I'm here and then walked out of the room. I stopped and smiled, "Now, boys, remember...if you want to play dirty, prepared to get hurt." I stated before leaving.

A few moments later Achilles was by my side, a proud smile on his face. He kissed my temple, "You're amazing."

"I love you." I chirped, kissing his cheek.

"You better." he laughed.

I sighed in content, this meeting is going to be interesting tomorrow.

Author's note: Bitch power! lol XD Sorry for any mistakes!