Chapter 3

~Iris~

I glowered at Achilles as he kept growling at the pack doctor, he is so stubborn when it comes to getting treatment for his wounds. I rolled my eyes, stormed over to them, and pinned him down. He scowled at me, but I only narrowed my eyes. Daring him to fight me. He grumbled something about "Pain in the ass she-wolves" but I chose to act as if I didn't hear him.

Sadie grinned as she watched us, a look of mischief in her eyes. I raised an eyebrow, curious as to what was going through her mind. My pack doctor, Rebecca, quickly finished dressing his wound. She nodded for me to let him go and so I did. Achilles quickly sat up, glaring at Rebecca. She rolled her eyes and left, leaving her mate to tell me how long it will take for him to heal.

"He needs to stay on bed rest for at least two days." her mate, Martin, explained. "If you must go back to your pack then I'm sure Luna Iris-

"Alpha." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "Pain in the ass, Alpha Iris, could drive you."

Achilles laughed, "I'm guessing you've known her for a long time."

Martin smiled warmly at Achilles, "Yes, I'm her god father."

"Ah, I see."

"Well, Achilles, are you going back?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"No, my Beta told me to stay here and rest. Mainly because my bitch of a mother is visiting and he knows how I get when she's there." he growled.

I frowned, "Your mother?"

"Yes, I've hated her ever since I was five."

"Why?"

"I'm not telling you." he snapped.

I glared at him, "Don't be disrespectful, Achilles."

"Well, you were getting into my personal life."

"I was just asking! You could have nicely told me-

"Just fuck off!" he snarled, shoving me out of the way as he stormed out.

I yelped as my head smacked the floor, hard. I groaned, grabbing the side of my head as I watched him storm out the doors. Sadie's eyes were wide with fear as she scurried over to me, but I quickly told her I was okay.

"No, you're not, there is blood dripping from your head to the floor." Sadie stated. "You are not fine."

"Sadie, please, just let it be." I pleaded, standing up.

She sighed, but didn't argue further. I ignored Rebecca and Martin as I chased after Achilles, he is not going to get away with this. I admit, I shouldn't have gotten into his personal life and I'll apologize for that. However, he has no right to treat me like that after I technically saved his ass. I followed his amazing-no, his annoying scent to the forest.

I internally groaned, this idiot better not have tried going home when he's injured like he is. I shifted and sprinted through the trees, easily catching up to him. I shifted back, placing my hand on a tree for support until the world stopped spinning. I then ran and stood in front of him, blocking his path.

He didn't look up, but he did shove me again. Once again, I smacked my head on something. I groaned, swallowing down the sick feeling. I closed my eyes and placed my hand over the even wider wound now. Damn, how strong is he?

"Why are you following me?" he suddenly snarled.

I swallowed again, "I was going to apologize, scold you, and then drive you back to your packhouse since you're already walking there." I mumbled.