Chapter 27

"Alright, let's go back." Achilles sounded. "It's getting dark."

"Okay, oh and Achilles?"

"Yes?"

I smiled sweetly before instantly frowning and slapping him across the face. Oh and it was defnitaly a hard slap. It literally echoed through the trees, I was satisfied as I grinned at him. I leaned in close and kissed his lips before parting.

"Never call me pathetic, again. Got it? You need to really learn that not everyone lets things go easily, especially being cheated on." I growled.

He swallowed, the side of his face already turning red. I flinched when there was a slight shade of purple as well.

Mental note, you're a werewolf Iris, a hard slap means a bruise. I thought to myself.

As we walked home Achilles didn't say a thing, not that he was upset that I hit him, he did say he deserved that. Even so, he seemed too frightened or nervous to even say something that could offend me. I sighed as we reached the packhouse, this silence was killing me. I stopped him and gently grabbed his face, relieved when the bruise was actually going away.

"I'm not going to rip your head off if you say something, you know that, right?" I questioned.

He bit his lip and I already knew he was thinking of a smart mouth reply. "Are you sure? From what Sadie told me, you would do worse than that."

I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows, "What did Sadie say?"

"Come on, we should probably get dinner." he chirped, dragging me inside.

"I'm confused, what did she say?" I asked again.

He just kept on whistling as we walked inside; almost instantly Ryan was apologizing to me. When he saw my face he winced a bit, making it known to me that it wasn't healed. Achilles shoved him away though, growling and baring his canines. Sadie and Henry stood off to the side, awkwardly watching us as Achilles and Ryan argued.

Blake walked over and shook his head before smiling at me. "Hey...whoa." his eyes widened with concern as he noticed my face.

Jennifer soon followed, her eyes filled with worry as she gently poked it. After a whole minute of them just poking my face I snapped at them and walked away. I rolled my eyes as their laughter sounded and them yelling, "we love you!" at me. I eventually smiled and shook my head, they're so lucky I love them.

I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat, and that something was actually salad. I frowned, I've always hated salad but now I was craving it. If this baby is a vegetarian I'm going to have a hard time explaining to him or her about when we're in wolf form and we're hungry. There isn't any bowl, salad, and dressing in the forest. Of course there is grass, but that only makes us puke.

"Are you eating salad?"

I turned to see Sadie walking in, her eyes showed confusion as she stood beside me. I nodded, "I honestly don't know why I'm craving it all of a sudden."

"Maybe the baby is a vegetarian?" she chirped.

I chuckled, "Well, he or she is going to have one hell of a time in wolf form."

"A wolf that doesn't like meat...now that would be...interesting. Their wolf may die, but at least they're eating healthy for the human side."

"Hey, meat is healthy."

"Well, not fully."

"Whatever."

Sadie laughed as she plopped herself down beside me, watching me shove lettuce into my mouth. Shockingly, I didn't gag like I thought I would. Sadie chewed on her lip for a bit before sighing.

"I exiled Mona, I know, I'm not the true Luna yet...but she hurt you! She was given two chances and she blew them. So, she deserved what she got." she blurted out.

I grinned, "Sadie, it's fine. I agree with your punishment, how did Ryan take it?"

"Well, once he relaxed he searched for the videos from the security cameras. He was beyond confused as he saw Mona and Sierra bully you for the few days, he's never seen that side of her. He then had a huge argument with Mona, she told him she was jealous of you because of who your mate was." she explained.

"I have never seen Ryan so hurt, he instantly rejected her and then sat down until you guys returned. He felt so guilty for punching you; he was quick to agree to exile her. I'm just a little scared, Mona as a rogue...she could tell them anything." she finished, her voice shaking a bit.

"Well, then we're going to create new patrol ideas and war plans, that way they're back at step one if they decide to get any information from her." I sighed.

"From who?"

We both looked up to see Achilles walking in, his cheek was still pretty red. I swallowed my final bite of food and wiped my mouth with a napkin. "Mona."

He nodded, "Then we just do what said, then they can't do anything."

"We need to end them, for good."

"Well, the hybrids aren't the ones attacking us. They were planning on attacking your pack, but we have no idea why. They're refocused on my cousin's pack now, but my step-father said the Alpha rogue group will help us guard the pack."

"Wait, you're actually accepting him as your step-father?" I gasped.

Achilles nodded, "He's actually not that bad and my mom is happy with him. She finally has some light back in her eyes, she's always been...depressed, upset, angry, and so on. Mainly drunk."

"Well, that's good of you to do."

After dinner we talked for a bit, Achilles had to speak with Jay about Sierra. He knew Jay was in love with her and she was in love with him, so they both agreed on her spending three days in the pack prison. She didn't argue about it, she only apologized to me with guilty eyes and then followed Jay and two other warriors to the prison. Her hands were locked in silver handcuffs and I did feel a tiny bit bad. Key words, tiny bit.

I sighed as I laid down on the bed, exhausted from today's bi-polar events. As I curled up under the blankets Achilles crawled in and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my temple before whispering a goodnight. I closed my eyes as the lights shut off, welcoming the darkness.

A/N: So, what do you think of the story so far? Is it rushed? Confusing? A mess?

Please be kind about it! :)