THALIA'S TREE

- It's okay, nightmares. We all have them here.; He said.

I just looked at him for a few seconds, I couldn't answer him.
- My nightmares are usually based on monsters trying to kill me. But the last two were very strange.; I explained.
- I understand, those nightmares can sometimes be prophecies.; He said.
- Thank you for helping me and I'm sorry for waking you up.: I apologized.
- You didn't wake me up. I normally have problems with insomnia.; He said. I kind of felt sorry for him. I had the feeling that we were somehow starting to get closer, and maybe he was just being nice.
-Go to bed, tomorrow is the day ahead of us.; he said and covered me with a blanket after I lay down.
- Good night Luke.
- Good night Helen.

I woke up in the morning, but Luke was not in his bed. I got up and quickly got ready. I went outside, but I couldn't see him anywhere. I saw Grover carrying some baskets of strawberries.
- Hey, good morning, do you need help?; I asked.
-Morning Helen, it's great to see you. Thanks for the help offered, but I only have these two more to take away and I'm done.; he replied.
- Ok. Have you seen Luke by any chance?; I asked him.
-Did you check Thalia's tree?; he asked.
- I don't know where it is.; I answered. Luke hasn't shown me the place yet. He probably forgot, or maybe we didn't have time.
- I will take you there when I take these baskets of strawberries to Demetra's cabin.; Grover said.
- Let me help you, we'll finish it faster that way.; I suggested and picked up the basket. Grover and I headed to Demeter's cabin.

Grover took me to the border of the camp and the real world. There was that tree. I saw Luke sitting in front of that tree.
- Is he talking to a tree?; I asked Grover.
- That tree is very special for him.; Grover replied.
-Oki, then I probably shouldn't disturb him while he's talking to his tree.; I said and turned to go the other way. Really, everyone here is crazy. Although I can't blame them, probably trauma.
- I think you should talk to him, I feel that he needs someone to talk to him. Luke is very reserved, although he doesn't look like it, he keeps too many things to himself. And it seems to me that he has a special connection with you.; Grover asked me to.
- Yes, okay, whatever.; I answered and walked towards Luke.

- Hey; I greeted him and sat down next to him.
-Hey how are you? I hope you got at least some sleep from last night. I didn't want to wake you up early this morning, because of the nightmare you had last night.; he said a little worried.
- I got some sleep. I got up and you weren't there, so I looked for you.
- I was here. I'm here all the time. I'm making Thalia company.; He said.
Does the tree keep company? Man he's really crazy, maybe even crazier than Grover. I only have two friends, one of them is half goat and the other one talks to trees.
- It's very nice of you to keep Thalia company.; I said.
- You probably think I'm crazy, don't you?; he asked. Of course I mean, you're talking to a fucking tree.
- No, of course not. Why would I think that?; I replied, trying to sound as relaxed as possible.
- It's okay, I would also think that someone is crazy if I saw that person talking to a tree.; he laughed.
- I don't think you're crazy. Grover said that tree was special for you, and that's fine.; I said. Luke didn't answer. He just kept quiet.

Suddenly he began to speak:
- Before I came to the camp, I wandered around, but I was not alone. With me was a girl, a forbidden child, Thalia. She was the daughter of Zeus. One day we found a little girl scared and alone, abandoned, without anyone, just like the two of us, Annabeth. The three of us continued our search for a safe place, we were looking for Camp Half-Blood. Annabeth and I found it. Thalia didn't make it.A monster attacked us right in front of the camp. Tahlia stayed behind us, she wanted to protect us. At that moment, Zeus turned her into a tree, he wanted to protect her. I needed to protect her at that moment, but I didn't, I couldn't, I was too weak. Since then, I swore to protect all the important people in my life. First of all, Annabeth, she is like a little sister to me.;he finished, and I felt tears running down my face.

- I am very sorry that you went through all that.; I said, I felt his sorrow and sadness.
- I'm sorry for making you sad with my story.; he apologized.
- Just so you know, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here.; I said.
- Thanks, but let's change the subject, how are you? I know that nightmare made you tired last night.; he changed the subject.
-I'm fine. I usually have nightmares all the time, but this one was different from all of them so far. I dreamed of my mom, I've never dreamed of her before. I never met my mom, she died a few days after I was born. Since then I lived in an orphanage. I only knew what she looked like from the pictures that were left after her death. Last night I dreamed of her, I saw her, I heard her. I don't even know what she sounded like, but I knew it was her, I just felt it. I tried to reach her, but the closer I got, the further away I was.; I told my nightmare to Luke, who listened attentively. I saw a few tears rolling down his face, looks like today was a day to cry. I was sorry for making him even more sad. But I had to tell someone about this, and only with him did I feel free and comforted enough.