YOU HAVE BEEN CLAIMED

I found the last atom of strength in my body and pushed her away. I quickly got up and attacked her. This time I attacked and pushed her back. As if some force pushed me, I knocked the sword out of her hand. She raised her hands and laughed. Suddenly I heard some shouting and the sound of a trumpet. I turned around and saw the blue team carrying the red flag. We won. I saw Luke, he was carrying a flag. He stuck the flag in the ground, he was just a little bit away from me. He was smiling at me. Everyone from the blue team celebrated. Suddenly everyone looked at me and their faces changed. I first noticed it on Luke. The smile fell from his face. Everyone was looking at me, but they weren't really, they were looking over me.

I looked above my head and saw a red holographic boar's head. I had no idea what it meant.

-You have been claimed by Ares.
God of War and Violence
God of Battlelust and Rage
Master of Taunts.
Helen Johnson, daughter of Ares.;
a voice behind me said.

I turned and saw Chiron. He stood and looked in my direction. The girl I beat a while ago started clapping and almost everyone else followed her. I wasn't really that satisfied, of all the gods on Olympus, this guy had to be my father.

But what is there is, I'm claimed, Ares is my father.

-Helen!; I heard Annabeth run up to me and hug me. I hugged her back and squeezed her tightly.
- Congratulations, your father claimed you.; she congratulated me.
-It was about time.; I joked. Annabeth didn't let go of my arms, and I didn't let go of her either.

When we finally let go, Chiron approached me.
- Congratulations Helen, I knew your father would notice you quickly. But I hope you are aware that you should now move to Ares' cabin. All the children of Ares are there, I'm sure you'll fit in easily.: he said.
-I understand that, I will get ready and move.; I answered.
- Very well. Annabeth congrats on the win by the way.; He congratulated Annabeth and went on his way. I wanted to see Luke to share this moment with him. But when I looked at the place where he was standing, he was not there. I couldn't really see him anywhere. I said goodbye to Annabeth and headed towards Hermes' cabin to pack up.

I entered the cabin and saw Luke sitting on the bed. He held his head in his hands. We were alone in the cabin because everyone else was still outside.
-Luke!; I called him, and he raised his head.
- Helen; he replied. He was looking at me, but I felt like he was looking through me.
-Is everything all right?; I asked because everything was clearly not right.
- Everything is fine, why shouldn't it be fine.
- I don't know, you left earlier. My father claimed me.
- I know, I saw it.; he replied. I thought he would be happy when my father claimed me. We tried really hard to get my father to notice me.
-Luke, are you disappointed because Ares is my father?; I asked him. That's the only thing I could think of.
- I don't know, maybe I am.; he said getting up from the bed.
-Luke, the fact that Ares is my father means nothing.; I said, but he didn't say anything. He was silent and looked at the floor. That said enough.
- Luke, you don't think I'm like my father or the other children of Ares, do you?; I asked as calmly as I could, but I could feel my voice trembling slightly.
-Answer me!; I said a little louder and my voice broke in mid-sentence. I felt a tear roll down my face.
- I don't know what I'm thinking, I can't think now.; he finally answered. His voice was cold, disappointed.
- So you meant it when you said that. That you are not a fan of the children of Ares, that all children of Ares are the same. You think I'm the same as all the other children of Ares? Let me quote you: "You know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."; I asked through tears. He was standing in front of me. He couldn't even look me in the eye. Tears filled my eyes.
- Maybe I meant everything I said.; he replied coldly and walked past me like a complete stranger. I don't understand how he could throw away everything we had just like that. I didn't hate him, I couldn't hate him. I wiped my tears and started packing.

-Helen Johnson, daughter of Ares, I would never say.; a familiar voice said. I turned and Arthur entered the Hermes cabin.
-Oh, it's you.; I answered.
- Wow, I thought you would be glad to see me. Child of Ares, not even half an hour and you're already breaking hearts.; he said sarcastically.
- I didn't mean to greet you like that. It's just, I thought you were someone else.; I answered so that it wouldn't appear that I didn't want to see him.
- You thought Luke came back? What happened between you two? He left the cabin with eyes full of tears, knocking over several barrels along the way and went to the border.; Arthur told. I didn't think Luke was that hurt. He probably went to Thalia. Thailia is his safe place.

- We got into an argument. I said some things I didn't mean. And, and he said some things that he probably meant.; I said to Arthur. I didn't really want to open up to him, but I really had to tell someone about this.
- What did he say?; Arthur sat down next to me on the bed. He sounded quite worried about me.
- He said he hates me, not directly, but in a way.; I said and I felt tears running down my face.
- Luke didn't mean it that way, whatever he told you he didn't mean it that way.; Arthur tried to comfort me.
-Arthur, he couldn't even look at me, he hates me and it's all because of my father.; I told him.
- He doesn't hate you, he can't hate you even if he wants to. He can't hate you because he loves you.; he said and got up from the bed.
- How do you know that?
-Because I know Luke, I know him very well.; he replied and took out Luke's sword that was under his bed.
-Luke doesn't like it when someone touches his things.

-He likes you a lot, doesn't he?; Arthur asked pointing to the letter "H" that was engraved on the hilt of the sword.
-Maybe...he likes carving a lot.; I answered.
-"H" as "Helen."; Arthur smiled.

-You two need to talk, that's all.; Arthur said.
-Thank you Arthur, this means, you have no idea how much.; I thanked him and hugged him.